gerrybakker
Free Xoops Install with every hosting package.
  • 2006/1/18 0:28

• gerrybakker

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/18

Free install of XOOPS with every hosting package at www.101sitehosting.com. Signup and your gallery will be live in a matter of minutes thanks to our exclusive Installatron technology that allows you to install XOOPS with one simple step. No techie knowledge required.

Resized Image

101sitehosting.com

davidl2
Re: Free Xoops Install with every hosting package.
  • 2006/1/18 0:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Out of interest, which release are you installing?

zeroram
  • 2006/2/17 6:38

• zeroram

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

Are these post allowed..??

i mean the guy just register for creating 1 post.. and his only post is Advertising with a big banner pffff!, we should try to keep the forum clean for this kind of things.

i offer Hosting as well and am not trashing the forum with advertising of 728 x 90 pixels

bluenova

There is a problem with your theme. The right blocks are spilling out the side of the frame.

Firefox 1.5.0.1
Fedora Core 4
1280x1024

luciano
  • 2006/2/17 8:23

• luciano

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/3

I wouldn't mind a smaller banner

What I'm interested in is: "our exclusive Installatron technology that allows you to install XOOPS with one simple step"! It would be great if gerrybaker would share that with us!

terrion
  • 2006/2/17 11:02

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Quote:
What I'm interested in is: "our exclusive Installatron technology that allows you to install XOOPS with one simple step"! It would be great if gerrybaker would share that with us!

It's amazing to me too. That's impressive technology!

But seriously, we're all trying to earn a living in a market saturated with hosting providers.

Last time I looked at my own majic install script we were installing 2.0.7.3.

I haven't messed with Fantastico lately but has anyone seen the New XOOPS available as an automated install?
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

wtravel

I know little of automatic installers myself. Does anyone have an idea what it takes to 'upgrade' installers with the latest XOOPS release? How does this technology work?

seventhseal

Here's the problem - and it's not meant to stir any bad emotions on the topic of stable release...Just an opinion follows, nothing more...

We (VelocityWebHost) were actually going to release 2.0.13.1 with the Plesk autoinstaller and make it public doamin...why didn't we - too many bugs. Shortly thereafter, 2.0.13.2 comes out - but low and behold, we now have 2.2.0. The last release we made a package for was 2.0.9...Ensim. We later upgraded all of our servers to PLESK dedicated.

The others (Fantastico, Ensim) stopped for either similar reasons or because they saw that the base install demand was low. For instance, Plesk is all about Mambo - well, we now know where mambo is going - joomla. Don't you love the forks/rebrands/whatever?

Now, we are waiting on 2.3.0/2.4.0 - when a "stable" single release is out, I think you will begin to see more auto-installer support. The industry (hosting) is saturated, but very selective in what they choose to do. It doesn't have to make a lot of sense, ultimately it's all about marketing and dollars.

I can assure you, we will have a XOOPS package for Plesk when there is ONE XOOPS package. I think XOOPS is on the right track, but progress has to be shown...

Now, to answer the question on what it takes. It depends on the installer, but you build the install with all of the features you want, you create a script (that sets up the settings), and package it up. Most want either zip or tar. You can usually get the spec straight from the hosting panel manufacturer. If XOOPS is successful with 2.4.0 (the ultimate goal), and packagers are made and distributed, touted as the highly secure, stable release of XOOPS, you will probably see a growth bump in useage. I just shake my head everyday I see loaders for PHPNuke - not my first choice, but "yet another CMS"
John Horne - a.k.a. - VelocityWebDev, Seventhseal, CreepingDeath
VelocityWebDev Tech BLOG
VelocityWebHost Hosting and Design

wtravel

Thank you for the explanation. I guess with the big number of releases from different CMS's it would make it easier for coders of installer script to have some stabilty in the installation part of the CMS.

Login

Who's Online

194 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 194

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits