flaystus
Upgraded to latest and now get an error on the main page.
  • 2006/2/13 6:52

• flaystus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/12

After uprading to the latest release tonight I now get this at the bottom of the main page

require "header.php"; require "footer.php"; } ?>

So I turned on debug mode and get this.

require "header.php"; require "footer.php"; } ?>Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/profile.php line 94
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/config.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 151
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/groupperm.php line 229
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php line 159
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/module.php line 1349
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 111

Did I blow something up? Help!

Herko
Re: Upgraded to latest and now get an error on the main page.
  • 2006/2/13 7:01

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The 'require header.php; footer.php ?>' part is most likely due to a file that was uploaded incorrectly, or corrupted during upload, it is showing part of it's code instead of interpreting it. I don't know which file it could be (do a search in your files for this exact text, maybe that will help you find it), so I cant help you with that.

As for the php notices, this is due to compatibility with PHP 5, stating that the code uses a method that is deprecated, and warning coders to remove this method from their code. It will still work properly tho, so if you disable php debug, you'll be fine. In the next major releases (2.3/2.4), our core developers are trying to find as many of these deprecated methods as possible and use the newer supported methods.

Herko

flaystus
  • 2006/2/13 7:05

• flaystus

• Just popping in

Thanks. Well... a huntin' I will go then I guess.

flaystus
  • 2006/2/15 4:08

• flaystus

• Just popping in

Maybe I'm stupid or blind but I can't seem to find that string.

Stewdio
  • 2006/2/15 4:50

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

require "header.php"; require "footer.php"; are in many files, so it could be anywhere.

It may be more simple to reupload your files to the server. This will not affect your instalation in any way. If the error persists, then it is likely that your download was currupted during transfer and you will need to redownload the upgrade files once more and then transfer those new files to your server.

This method may actually be a little quicker then find and replace methods. I tried that once and gave up after a while!

Let us know how it goes.
XOOPS Community Support

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits