synonym
Error messages at top of installation screen
  • 2006/2/13 13:30

• synonym

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/19

I have uploaded version 2.2.3a and when I go to my website I get the installation screen. Great.

But at the top there is a line of text:

("_INSTALL_L49", "Module Installation"); define("_INSTALL_L129", "Modules"); define("_INSTALL_L165", "%s Created Successfully"); define("_INSTALL_L166", "%s Could not be created"); ?>

I've tried going through the installation, further errors appear:

("_INSTALL_L49", "Module Installation"); define("_INSTALL_L129", "Modules"); define("_INSTALL_L165", "%s Created Successfully"); define("_INSTALL_L166", "%s Could not be created"); ?>database = new $class(); } return $database; } } ?>cated */ class Database { function &getInstance() { return XoopsDatabaseFactory::getDatabaseConnection(); } } ?> } } ?>

I then install the System module ok, but it won't install either of the pm or profile modules, saying:

Unable to install pm. Error(s):
`) ) TYPE=MyISAM; is not a valid SQL!

Unable to install profile. Error(s):
TYPE=MyISAM is not a valid SQL!

I've wiped the whole system (xoops and database) and started again (it's a new website, so no content)

I still get these error messages, and many more if you go through to look at the site! What am I doing wrong?!

blackfossil
Re: Error messages at top of installation screen

Could that caused by a corrupted file? try find out which files those lines reside, and check and see if it is corrupted. Some of my files do corrupted while uploading to the server, even i do the upload 2nd time.

synonym
Re: Error messages at top of installation screen
  • 2006/2/15 9:37

• synonym

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/19

I've now got a fully working XOOPS from the same download as was giving me problems - so must have been an upload issue.

The one time I did upload the files, and then uploaded them again just to make sure, I did notice that some files were being uploaded for the first time - so something had gone wrong somewhere, and this led to the error messages.

All working fine now. Thanks for the help though.

:o)

Login

Who's Online

66 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 66

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits