Ace_Armstrong
eCommerce question

I have a client who is a self-published author, and whose book is starting to take off. She now wants to be able to sell books through her website (which, of course, I set up using XOOPS), preferably using Monely.com or 2CheckOut.com to process credit cards on-line. It's just one product, so we don't need an entire OSCommerce-type store.

Has anyone used these services? How well do they work? And, are there any XOOPS modules for them? (I wasn't able to find any in my brief search.)

Merci!
Ace Armstrong
The Man. The Myth. The Mammal.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Intelligent, informed debate good. Innuendo bad. See for yourself!
www.GLOAMING.us

gestroud
Re: eCommerce question
  • 2006/2/3 14:54

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Possibilities:

Pricelist:https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=43&lid=1216

or use a static content module like Content or CJAY-Content to create a one-page shop with a Buy Now link.

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
Possibilities:

Pricelist:https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=43&lid=1216

or use a static content module like Content or CJAY-Content to create a one-page shop with a Buy Now link.

I think you can do that with 2Checkout, but I'm not sure you can with Monely. And I'm really interested in hearing if anyone's had good/bad experiences with them and how they work. Neither of their websites is extremely forthcoming on how one would go about actually getting paid, and neither offers any kind of telephone contact.
Ace Armstrong
www.GLOAMING.us

barryc
  • 2006/2/3 15:52

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Why does she want to use those services in particular? Why not Paypal? It is cheaper than most credit card processing services and buyers can use either a Paypal account or pay directly by credit card. The funds in the account can be transferred to the owner's bank acct. at any time. For a single product, this would seem the simplest solution to me.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

barryc wrote:
Why does she want to use those services in particular? Why not Paypal? It is cheaper than most credit card processing services and buyers can use either a Paypal account or pay directly by credit card. The funds in the account can be transferred to the owner's bank acct. at any time. For a single product, this would seem the simplest solution to me.

Barry

PayPal has a bad rep with her because she's seen it associated with too many scams. Not PayPal's fault, to be sure, but she's the customer so #OOPS#ed if she isn't always right!
Ace Armstrong
www.GLOAMING.us

gestroud
  • 2006/2/3 16:08

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

One of the authors on a site of mine is has a self-published book also - Politics & Patriotism: The Fisk Conspiracy. He has it listed with Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble and sells it that way. I'll pm you his e-mail address and you could ask him how he went about it.

Ace_Armstrong

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
One of the authors on a site of mine is has a self-published book also - Politics & Patriotism: The Fisk Conspiracy. He has it listed with Amazon.com and Barnes & Noble and sells it that way. I'll pm you his e-mail address and you could ask him how he went about it.

Much appreciated. I actually tried to convince her to sell it using LuLu.com (so all she'd have to do is cash a check), but she'd already paid for the printing so she wanted to unload the hard copies. We may be going that route for a second edition, though.
Ace Armstrong
www.GLOAMING.us

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits