ICHI_UK
Apache, PHP, MYSQL
  • 2006/2/2 11:18

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/11/1

After reading a very helpful tutorial regarding installing WAMP onto my PC (XP Pro) I now have all 3 up and running...

when browsing to http://localhost I receive the...

"If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page."

So I then uploaded the contents of the HTML folder into the Apache folder.. but I dont get the XOOPS genie... anyone know where I am suppose to put these files and folders?

thanks

bluenova
Re: Apache, PHP, MYSQL

Into the 'www' folder, and delete index.html which is already in there.

jdseymour

In the web folder that should be something like "htdocs" or something.

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/2/2 11:39

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

No www folder in the APACHE2 folder... but there is a htdocs folder.. so in there its going I guess

svaha
  • 2006/2/2 12:43

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

The best is, you make a subdirectory in \htdocs\ like for instance \htdocs\myxoopssiter\ and then copy the XOOPS files in this directory.
This because there are more files in the \htdocs\ directory. \htdocs\ is www for your local site.

ICHI_UK
  • 2006/2/2 14:13

• ICHI_UK

• Not too shy to talk

I screwed it up... am sure I aint setup a database.. now to work out how to do that!!!

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/2/2 15:21

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

use phpmyadmin to manage your databases.
Download it HERE.

I believe there is a html doc to guide you through. You'll need to modify the config file.

Extract the phpmyadmin and put the folder in the root of your webdocs.

For Apache, look at the httpd.conf file in the Apache/Apache2/conf directory. There is a line to set your document folder:
DocumentRoot "C:/public_html"
Make this where every you want on your system. If it is left blank, the default is Apache/Apache2/htdocs

svaha
  • 2006/2/2 15:56

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

Quote:

ICHI_UK wrote:
I screwed it up... am sure I aint setup a database.. now to work out how to do that!!!

I don't know wamp, I use xampp, but you can see for yourself if phpmyadmin is installed if you go to http://localhost.

When you have phpmyadmin, first login as admin and make a new user for instance : newxoopsuser. Then login as this newxoopsuser and make a databse in phpmyadmin for instance 'myxoopssite'. Use the data (username, pwd, databasename) in your XOOPS installation.

bluenova

phpmyadmin is installed with WAMP as well and is accessable through the menu on the taskbar near the clock.

Login

Who's Online

361 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 361

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits