leebrendalee
help with little tiny tiny code

Hello--I have this page and I want people to go to it..but I do not want them to see the url......??? Any help would be greatlyyyyyyyyy appreciated..thanks..

also..while I'm at it...I'm making another XOOPS site and this one is really important..I MUST NOT LOOSE IT...so if I copy every directory to my hard drive...and backup the database...if I ever screw up my site..will I get the entire site back if I copy the files and the database back ...???? thanks

jdseymour
Re: help with little tiny tiny code

On the second question see the Regular Database Backup With Cron (updated) article on my site.

You will need a current database backup to restore. How much you can afford to loose is how you decide how much to backup. I run 7 separate jobs that at the end of the week give me 7 separate backups (one each night) over written weekly.

HTH.

kiwiguy
Re: Re: help with little tiny tiny code
  • 2006/1/29 9:49

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
On the second question see the Regular Database Backup With Cron (updated) article on my site.

You will need a current database backup to restore. How much you can afford to loose is how you decide how much to backup. I run 7 separate jobs that at the end of the week give me 7 separate backups (one each night) over written weekly.

HTH.

Pretty much this is right regarding the database but he failed to inform you about the files in your website no point in backing up a database without the files to match.

You would backup all the folders and files that are in your public_html folder ensuring you keep the original folder and file tree. Once you have done that then simply backup the database manually. Ensure that you turn your site off whilst you do this to ensure that nobody makes any changes to your site or posts in the forum whilst your doing your back up.

Jdseymours cron job is very handy but I find it in your situation when you want to do you main backup of your files in your website you should also do a database backup so that they both are the same..

If you ever lose your site or bust it for any reason you simply upload the backed up files and folders ensureing you keep the original tree and also import the backed up database.

HTH

shhh I think jdseymour is cron job happy.... (Dun tell him I said that

leebrendalee
Re: Re: help with little tiny tiny code

Thanks for the help...I haven't done the backup yet..so I guess it's time to do it...I'll just stick both sites on a memory stick with the database..and every other day or so back up the database...unless I have lots of users every day..

this site was down today..xoops.org so I thought..oh man I've jinxed them..LOL

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits