orgunozcu
Re: My Xoops and CPU problem..(Very Big Problem)
  • 2005/9/2 23:12

• orgunozcu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/1 5

Ok.. Thank For all Answers.. I could not solve problem.. it goes on.. :( you did your best.. Thanks.. i think i do something wrong.. i have 5 XOOPS sites and and all have this problem.. so now i understand.. i cant solve this problem.. :( i will find an other way.. Thank for answers .. you tried to help..
www.cancer-aids.net

www.cinselliksaglik.com

www.konyaninsesi.com
www.psikolojikdanisman.org
www.xoopshocasi.com

orgunozcu
  • 2005/9/4 12:44

• orgunozcu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/1 5

Hallo again me.. Now my server says me GO AWAY.. i need a host which is with out CPU problem... can you advice a host for me?? THANKS..
www.cancer-aids.net

www.cinselliksaglik.com

www.konyaninsesi.com
www.psikolojikdanisman.org
www.xoopshocasi.com

LazyBadger

For which budget?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

gdamania
  • 2006/1/27 16:16

• gdamania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/2 1

I have the same problem on my site.
My webhost allows only 3600 CPU seconds/day, but I was using over 20000. After enabling all cache features and blocked web bots, it reduced it to 15000, which is still too much. My site recieves around 100,000 requests/day.

It's hard to pinpoint where all the CPU usage is coming from... anyone have ideas?

Feneex
  • 2006/1/27 17:44

• Feneex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/25

Quote:

gdamania wrote:
I have the same problem on my site.
My webhost allows only 3600 CPU seconds/day, but I was using over 20000. After enabling all cache features and blocked web bots, it reduced it to 15000, which is still too much. My site recieves around 100,000 requests/day.

It's hard to pinpoint where all the CPU usage is coming from... anyone have ideas?

Don't look too far for the answers. If you cannot change server configuration there are some steps you MUST to do:

1. Preferences -> Main "Use gzip compression?" - NO!!! NO!!! NO one more time!!!

2. Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? - NO!!!! It reduces MySQL queries count.

3. Cache the most static blocks, forhttp://www.gdamania.net/ they coul be "Site Search" - no less than 1 day, "Welcome to GDAmania!" - no less than 1 day, "Latest Downloads" ~ 30 min, "Current Forum Topics" ~ 5 min. "Latest News" ~30 min. "Language" no less than 1 day. Of course cahching of dynamic blocks, where content depends on the site user group, is more difficult, so for beginning leave as is.

I can bet, that this would reduce load ~3-5 times onhttp://www.gdamania.net/
100 000 requests isn't very much to handle. As I can see You have Alexa ~300000, so I pretend even mediocre Celeron 1000Mhz, 1Gb RAM can host 50 XOOPS sites like this.

wizanda
  • 2006/1/27 19:13

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

In my case I split the site into 2
Yet really the way I am using XOOPS is more like an operating system then just a cms.
The amount of modules I have is like having windows, I was think this morning and how if I have my own server how many calls to the database are likey, if I make the sites one again.

I have done the Gzip off as you say; as I have seen many posts saying it doesn't work; does it?

Also if we look at the xoops.org/dev/? site its self that seperated into sections.

So the work being done on improving performance of XOOPS and not its modules is a good idea, I feel now!
As the faster the opperating system can handle, the software and the more stable; the less trouble overall!

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits