tdickson
Re: Xoops Authentication system (LDAP)
  • 2006/1/27 0:18

• tdickson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/26

Not sure if this would be considered a bug or not... but I found it quite difficult.

We recently changed our IP schema on our network which changed the IP of the LDAP server. I didn't worry because I had added myself to the always allow list. The only problem was that it wouldn't let me in because it couldn't find the LDAP server. So it looks like it trys to find the server before it checks the allow list. If I disable my account on the LDAP server it will still let me in if I am on the allow list, so that much is great. but if for any reason it can't find the LDAP server it won't work.

I ended up getting it to work by adding a redirect on my firewall temporarily till I could change the IP in the setup. But I just thought you should know this information.

One other thing though...
I can't seem to get the authentication to work now. It worked GREAT before... all I did is change the IP address and now it says incorrect login! every time. I didn't change anything on the LDAP server and Auth Settings except the IP address. So this really ponders me. If you have any light to shed i would appreciate it!

tdickson
Re: Xoops Authentication system (LDAP)
  • 2006/1/27 2:12

• tdickson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/26

Well i ended up redownloading the hack and overwriting the files... it works now. I can't figure out how it got corrupted, but it works... so i am happy :)
Thanks again for this hack!

textform
LDAP/ADS User syncronization
  • 2006/1/31 7:43

• textform

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/30

Quote:

pemen wrote:
The synchronisation system for the next version.

Any idea how long before that might be ready?[/quote]

Thanks for the hack also, we also wait for the possibility of user syncronization. If this feature will be coded soon, i won't consider to work with a quick workaround, inserting all users to the database myself.
So if you have any idea, when it could be ready please let us know.
Thanks again.

warmaster
Authentification method Xoops 2.2.3 / Active Directory
  • 2006/2/7 10:32

• warmaster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/2/6 9

Hello, everyone.

For the first, excuse me with my english, but i'm french .
So, i've got a big problem for use XOOPS 2.2.3 to authentificate my Active Directory users.

I have tested all possibilities with all parameters imaginable in the section "System preference / authentification option" but nothing is right, i have all the time this message :
"Désolé, aucun utilisateur correspondant n'a été trouvé. test(ads authentication method)
Si la page ne se recharge pas automatiquement, merci de cliquer ici"

My parametres are those :

Méthode d'authentification > Active Directory
Port LDAP > 389
Nom du serveur > 192.168.0.1
Base DN > dc=mydomain,dc=fr
Search DN > cn=administrateur,cn=users,dc=mydomain,dc=fr
Password > adminpassword
Version LDAP > 3

Under ldap version, i have two lines like this :
Admin
Oui Non
I have tested with "admin" and none in "admin"
And i have tested with "Oui" and "Non" seleccted
In all the case, nothing is work

Filtre de recherche supplémentaire > none

Nom de domaine > mydomain

Is someone could post here a concret example for all the field ? or explain to me which info are required in the differents options...

I have make a post in the xoopsfr site who someone as said to me to take a look here... :
link =http://www.frxoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11514&forum=12

Thanks for all...

rlankford
Re: Authentification method Xoops 2.2.3 / Active Directory
  • 2006/3/1 22:14

• rlankford

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/27

I've been trying to apply this hack (https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1314038&group_id=41586&atid=430842) to a vanilla XOOPS 2.2.3 final installation.

The code authenticates my login, but then tries to "load XOOPS User database datas". At this point, the $getUser count is 0, which reverses the authentication.

Does this mean that this hack, unlike the old one for the XOOPS version 2.0.x branch, doesn't include the ability to create a new account in XOOPS automatically if the login was LDAP authenticated?

If that doesn't happen, then here's my vote for putting that feature back in! I'd hate to have everyone go through the register process for my site again!

Thanks for everything you do...

pemen
Re: Authentification system for XOOPS (new version)
  • 2006/3/12 17:14

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

Hi,

I upgrade the authentication system.
The announce is here :

Xoops Authentication 0.6

Thanks for your feedbacks
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

jayrex
  • 2006/5/18 8:46

• jayrex

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/15

hello all,

first off, great effort, pemen, very cool feature

i was wondering if this system works over a WAN?
Example: my webserver is a LINUX box in a datacenter somewhere and my authentication is Win2003 in my local network. Is it possible to log into XOOPS with my windows logon? And is it safe?

Thanks in advance for your time.

pemen
  • 2006/5/18 14:05

• pemen

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/7/8 7

If your LINUX box can access your windows 2003 server you can configure XOOPS with ADS Authentication (ADS) and so use your windows login.
Yan can also activate "Automatic User provisionning", so the user is automaticaly create in the XOOPS Database.

You can use the LDAP Hack 0.6 or if you are patient, wait for the 20.0.14 release in the next days.
Identity management, LDAP, Workflow and more
XoopsPro

nekro
Re: Xoops Authentication system
  • 2006/7/21 13:19

• nekro

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/11/9

HI... i have a question... i need to login on XOOPS with LDAP... ok!... i can do it... with your hack... but could i change the password stored in the LDAP?? .

in an article Posted by solo71 on 2006/3/8 16:50:00 called XOOPS (R)évolution ->https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2914 at the end i could read that you have a module called LDAP manager... where can i found it... or is just yours?

LUCK ... and thanks anyway

davidl2
Re: Xoops Authentication system
  • 2006/7/21 13:27

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

nekro - if you use XOOPS 2.0 .. you would be better to upgrade to 2.0.14 as LAPD is integrated in the core from this version.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits