sdmacint
Re: When choosing Notifications I get "No valid security token found in session"
  • 2006/1/24 22:15

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

{bump}

Anyone else having this problem? I can't get any notifications to work on my site!

Sean
http://freemasonry.pe.ca

sdmacint
Re: When choosing Notifications I get "No valid security token found in session"
  • 2006/1/27 17:34

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Well, I updated from version 2.2.3a to version 2.2.4 in the hopes that it would fix the problem. Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error. Anyone out there with a suggestion?

Sean
http://freemasonry.pe.ca

bumbum
  • 2006/2/1 21:14

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

Yup, I'm having the same problem too. I upgraded from 2.2.3Final with the 2.2.4 patch hoping that it would fix it but still no joy.
I'd noticed it occasionally in the messages section when deleting them and just put it down to occasional erratic server behaviour or something like that but I've since been e-mailed saying that when anyone tries to register they get the same error "No valid security token found in session".
Tried to register a test account myself and got it again. Seems the error is in a couple of different places and I've no idea where to start fixing it so I'm hoping someone finds a solution soon PLEASE...

bumbum
  • 2006/2/6 19:39

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Eeh, I'm getting pretty desperate now. No new members on the site now since before christmas (because nobody can register) and the traffic is also on a serious down slope.
At this stage I'm seriously considering reverting to an older version of XOOPS that works properly.
Kinda disappointed because this is the kind of error that I wouldn't have thought would've gotten past a beta version...
Is everyone here that's experiencing this problem on shared servers? Just wondering if settings on shared servers could have something to do with it???

toddherrold

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the "no valid security token errors." I can empathize with you because though my problem with this is not nearly as bad, it certainly could be a site killer and sounds like it in your case.

I've been dealing with this for a long time and have reported it as an official bug but it has not been "assigned" to anyone and I have not heard any responses as to how to fix it or even start to track down the problem. It seems to be a problem that is isolated to specific, limited sites (perhaps server configurations) and impacts site functions differently in each case, like comments, notifications, log-in, registration, browser types, etc., depending on who knows what.

I upgraded to 2.3 and don't know if I still have the problem or not. My users don't bother telling me about it anymore as it only relates to comments on Firefox. Go figure.

My sense is that the problem, though highly significant for those that it impacts, is very limited in the number of xoopsers affected and therefore is not really getting attention. Also, my guess is that the security token function may be something that only a few XOOPS devs really have experience with. Not sure where you should go for help, but let us know if you find it or can raise this issue up higher on the priority list.

bumbum
  • 2006/2/10 19:51

• bumbum

• Just popping in

I just googled it and found that there's a topic on it in the XOOPS Q&A (which didn't show up in the XOOPS site search - wierd)
Anyway, it seems that the code that deals with the security tokens might have been isolated but still nobody knows how to deal with it - or even if it's significant in this problem. lol It's Like the blind leading the blind here...
So here's the link:
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=45258&forum=7&post_id=200420&

toddherrold

that's so funny that you found that on google and not here. Even more funny is that that thread was started by ME! Didn't really go anywhere with my particular security token problem.

justjeff
  • 2006/2/19 17:46

• justjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

I get the same message when a client tries to e-mail banner stats. Hope someone comes along on this.
Jeff

bumbum
  • 2006/2/20 20:54

• bumbum

• Just popping in

Got fed up waiting for ANY kind of response to this problem and reverted to version 2.0.13. I'm not getting those errors any more.
I'll think long and hard before upgrading to another so called 'final version' or post-beta again.
Still a big fan of XOOPS but V dissapointed to the lack of any kind of response to this problem :(

justjeff
  • 2006/2/20 21:13

• justjeff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/16

I hoping that it will be addressed somehow, soon :)
Jeff

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits