dargosch
Send mail to users, with attachements?
  • 2006/1/24 12:37

• dargosch

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/21

Hi,

I would like to send mail to members of a group or groups and include an attachement. The email users facility of XOOPS does not do that anymore, and Xmail development are not ready yet (at least there are no complete language files).

So, what are my options?

/Fredrik
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/

tzvook
Re: Send mail to users, with attachements?
  • 2006/2/14 10:22

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Quote:

dargosch wrote:
So, what are my options?

/Fredrik

Hello Fredrik
Belive it or not .... NO OPTIONS !!!

I like XOOPS with all my heart, but one must know that it's a "community oriented CMS" that has no decent option to comunicate with it's members through mailinglist !!!!!!!!!!!

actually you can sit and glance at your lousy options:

1. evenews - an ancient module which is abandon for about 2 years now, with no decent wysiwyg, fatal errors when importing users, incompebility with 2.2.x series (bugs+no permitions) lots of other bugs, no archive categories, and, well, should I go on ? ......

2. Xmail - no lang files, version 2 is on development for ages now, last time I tried it had no compebility with 2.2.x series , had problems importing more then a few hundreds of users ... and so on.

Yep .... great options for keeping in touch with your users, ahh

after 4 years @ XOOPS I have considered last month to start a new project of mine with Joomla, just beacuse of that .... and, well, yes - in the end I decided stay with Xoops, and I still don't know if that was the right choice due to the value of a decent mailinglist to this project..... you know what ? ... any project !!!!!

phppp
  • 2006/2/14 14:06

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

tzvook wrote:

I like XOOPS with all my heart, but one must know that it's a "community oriented CMS" that has no decent option to comunicate with it's members through mailinglist !!!!!!!!!!!

Not only mailinglist, but also general membership management.

I don't think there will be any change in XOOPS core for this part in the near future. But for sure it is going to be enhanced, in XOOPS 2.4? 2.6? or 2.8? I don't know, it depends on dev team's priority and users' demand.

tzvook
  • 2006/2/14 14:25

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Yes, well, it sure is a core feature, but if there was a decent module to cover on the need for some time, it was good ....

For now I use some external apps and prey for the rain to start to fall soon

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits