cpgeek
migrating from xoops 2.0.3 to 2.2.3 - completely lost
  • 2006/1/15 5:58

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

ok, i'm a looong time user of XOOPS 2.0.3. have used it for multiple sites for multiple purposes. I just installed 2.2.3 and the admin panel is sooo radicly different hiding things that were in plain view before... so my first question i guess is: Is it possible to return the admin panel to it's classic iconic look and feel? I.E. not pulldown driven?

secondly the modules are missing... XOOPS used to come with all kinds of goodies to help get the site set up right off the bat. modules like news and newbb came preloaded. I also noticed that there were module packs ripe for the taking on the downloads page, but i looked in them and noticed that none of them included stuff i was generally used to..

is there a better module for news than "news" (which i realize IS still in the module repository)? is there a better version of a bbs/forum package than newbb (closer related to phpbb2 or perhaps a port of phpbb2?)? I realize i'm currently typing this on the XOOPS web site on newbb, but i was curious if there was anything better.

I was using xcgal 1.1 on my preveous sites for photo uploads and management and such, i noticed that the latest version is still in the module repository. is it compatible with the new version of xoops? is there a better version of coppermine availble for xoops. i know there is a bridge but iirc it's only for logging into coppermine rather than having it display right in the middle block of my XOOPS page am i right?

I probably have many other questions as well that i'm sure i'll be asking later on in the thread.

Thanks!

Jharis
Re: migrating from xoops 2.0.3 to 2.2.3 - completely lost
  • 2006/1/15 7:45

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Hi cpgeek,

If I'm not mistaken you'll have to stay will the new admin panel or you could use gijoes(?) admin blocks.

Xoops 2.2.3 does come with admin, pm, & extended profile modules. You will need to download any other modules you might want to install from the repository. Keep in mind that not all modules work with 2.2.3

News 1.4.4 is the latest. I think you'll appreciate this module as it has grown with more features over time. The latest smartsection 1.5 is also very good for a news or articles modules. You'll have to try both to decide which is right for you.

bbpixel offers IPB 1.5 Monty can tell you more about it. CBB has come a long way and is being agressively supported. CBB 2.3 is the latest version and is considered to replace newbb.

I happen to like xcgal 2.0.2 however you might want to check out xoopsgallery here. I haven't tried the coppermine bridge yet. Let me know if you like it.

hope this helps.
don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

Dr_Stu
  • 2006/1/17 0:56

• Dr_Stu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/17

i've looked everywhere, but i can't see anywhere where i can update a module (or even install one for that matter)

is it staring me in the face?

cpgeek
  • 2006/1/19 21:10

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

please don't hijack threads, either create your own or add to a more appropriate thread. thanks. that being said, go to admin panel, click modules, administration, scroll to the module you want to update, click on the "action" button that looks like a box (that's update)

Xeon_DP
  • 2006/1/19 21:37

• Xeon_DP

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/11

i know the reaction on the new admin interface. the first time i was like "HUH?? SO BAD!" but i like it more now....

look in download xoops, the last cathegory is XOOPS 2.2 module packs and then a few propostions of packs (personal pack, community pack...)

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits