cpgeek
News module says it's already installed when it's not!?
  • 2006/1/15 9:07

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

I'm using XOOPS 2.2.3 (final), and i downloaded the community pack module pack from

https://xoops.org/modules/core/singlefile.php?cid=&lid=98

which includes a copy of news 1.4. i put the news modules in my XOOPS modules directory, i go into the module admin panel and i click the install button for news 1.4 and it gives me this error:

Quote:
Unable to install news. Error(s):
Module news already exists.

then it looks like news is installed, but when i go to the news page it gives me a bunch of php debug errors that looks like it can't find a bunch of stuff. also, when i go into the admin console, there is no entry for news in the module pull-down menu. I have since deactivated it, and removed it, it looks as though it gets rid of all of the database entries and removes successfully, but then i go to reinstall it and I get the same result. I have since removed it.

I also tried this with news 1.44 downloaded from the modules section here and it does exactly the same thing. can anybody give me any insight as to why i'm having these problems?

FYI i started with a fresh XOOPS install... news was the first thing i started with.

Jharis
Re: News module says it's already installed when it's not!?
  • 2006/1/15 9:12

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

use cpanel to look at your db and make sure all the tables for news have been dropped.

btw, what other modules have you installed? Might another modules with same table name... not sure though.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

cpgeek
  • 2006/1/15 9:15

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

i just went back and noted the debug errors for all to see
Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: storyhome in file modules/news/index.php line 115
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: columnmode in file modules/news/index.php line 134
Warning [PHP]: Division by zero in file modules/news/index.php line 141
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: ratenews in file modules/news/index.php line 142
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: displaynav in file modules/news/index.php line 157
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: restrictindex in file modules/news/index.php line 182
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: restrictindex in file modules/news/index.php line 218
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: topicsrss in file modules/news/index.php line 302

cpgeek
  • 2006/1/15 9:42

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

I just tried dropping my XOOPS database completely, removing all of the files, unzipping the XOOPS archive, installing from scratch, unzipping the modules archive, and installing the news module and it still doesn't work.

cpgeek
  • 2006/1/15 22:18

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

I just tried to install AMS and it says it's already installed too... odd... no other modules except for news modules are effected...

i don't get it.

cpgeek
  • 2006/1/19 20:58

• cpgeek

• Just popping in

i'm still having problems with this, i can't seem to shake it... and i dseperately need the news module to work... anybody help?

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits