kapeman
Database questions...
  • 2005/11/30 18:20

• kapeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/3 1

I have done a search and looked at the FAQs.

Here is my situation:

One of my sites is hosted by godaddy and I am thinking about moving another site there. My first XOOPS install was on the godaddy account through their canned install routines.

I did not create a MySQL database prior to the install and called to ask them where it was so I could back it up and they don't know.

I checked the mainfile.php and can't find a file that matches the database name listed there.

I want to be able to do a new install and copy the database from the old site to the new godaddy site.

Where is the database file actually located?

Thanks!!!

davidl2
Re: Database questions...
  • 2005/11/30 18:32

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I would suggest installing the backup module, which will let you save the database to the desktop.

Xetox
  • 2005/11/30 18:40

• Xetox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

I dont know about the godaddy cp but I back my database up through the cp with the host. It listed under somthing like databases phpmyadmin. But its going to be different depending on what the host uses for the cp. We use H-Sphere.

Doubt any of that ramble helped but good luck anyway.

kapeman
  • 2005/11/30 18:43

• kapeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/3 1

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
I would suggest installing the backup module, which will let you save the database to the desktop.

Which module do you prefer? I am tired of getting a module, installing it, getting used to it and then when something happens finding out the author no longer supports it (e.g. MS-Weather).

Thanks again!

davidl2
  • 2005/11/30 19:12

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

No idea of the name of it i'm afraid - but I use a module simply called "backup" .. it doesnt even need further support, as it just uses the details that XOOPS uses to access the database, to copy to a local machine, store in its cached area or to email it ... Very handy module indeed.

DJ007
  • 2006/1/10 19:29

• DJ007

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/15

Can any of the back up modules save an old site's info to a new install directly?

ie. If I was to want to do an upgrade on mysite.com, created a new XOOPS install (upgrade) on a subdomain dev.mysite.com with a back up module installed on both and used that method to back up, upgrade and restore the site's content, would it work?

Just curious, the topic seems to suggest I should be able to do something like that, but I'm not certain.

Thanks,
DJ.
Oh yeah, happy new year y'all...

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits