Tindi
Getting Blank white Pages!
  • 2006/1/1 23:53

• Tindi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

when surfing my site.. i sometimes get a blank white page.. it was not too bad at first but now it seems to be getting worse and worse!..

page does not refreah or load at all!

any suggestions on how to correct this?

guardian2k1
Re: Getting Blank white Pages!

This can sometimes be caused by the php memory limit. I would advise turning on php debug and look for any errors. You can safely ignore the warnings.
"Linux is extremely user-friendly. It also happens to be extremely selective when picking its friends."

http://www.nuxified.com |http://debcentral.org

Stewdio
  • 2006/1/2 3:32

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Have you added any new modules lately? Have you added new blocks to your pages? If yes, then slowly deconstruct what you built to find the error.

In some cases, but not all, when new module blocks are added to your site, they may cause blank pages; especially custom blocks that are coded incorrectly.

This is mearly a snippit of the many things that can cause blank pages. A thourough search of the forums and documentation will give you more insight on what to look for in order to correct the problem.

Feel free to continue posting your workarounds and attempts so that we can all try to get you through the white pages issue.
XOOPS Community Support

Tindi
  • 2006/1/3 15:44

• Tindi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

Think it was the XOOPS chat modules.. they really should do something about them they are awful!.. well uninstalled them now .. but now i can't update my system admon module due to the same blank white page module...

any suggestions?

Herko
  • 2006/1/3 15:50

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

when you're getting a blank page, go to system admin -> preferences -> general settings, and turn on php debug. Then you can see what type of error is causing the white page.

Herko

stefan88
  • 2006/1/3 15:54

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

What version of XOOPS you have, installed modules, do you have protector module installed, maybe mod_sec on appache.

You could also try a different browser to access your site.

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits