sickdude666
send mail, update news module
  • 2005/11/16 8:49

• sickdude666

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/16

i was wondering if it was possible for anybody to create a module that does the following.

i send a e-mail to a certain adress, and this will create a new topic in the news module. the topic name depends on the subject of the mail.

im not a php wizzard so im asking in here. and i think that this will be very usefull for alot of people using xoops.

we all have are moments that we want to post news and we dont have a pc just a cell phone that can send mail, or when working and the boss keeps looking over your shoulder and you cant reach your website to post womething, but we can send mail :)

well i hope that someone wants to build this

thnx in advance

sickdude666
Re: send mail, update news module
  • 2005/11/25 19:44

• sickdude666

• Just popping in

yes i saw it onhttp://hyves.net/ this function is really cool, well at least i think.

you should try it, just register on hyves and check out this function. its really neat

i hate not beeing good at php. but im trying but this is really over my head

cmagana
  • 2005/12/22 9:35

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

why don't you try to use w.bloggar?? it do a similar action.
w.bloggar

sickdude666
  • 2005/12/23 11:28

• sickdude666

• Just popping in

My request is all about being flexible, you can send e-mails with your cell phone and a pda this makes things alot easyer.

thix program looks fine but it isnt what i want to see or use

Red_Bee
  • 2005/12/23 12:25

• Red_Bee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/12

I just found this request of you and should not have created a similar thread after.

I also have the same problem like, I don't know any programming language, don't like being spotted from work that I am submitting news, easier and faster to submit via email from office or cell phone, got a request from members if this feature is possible.

Not sure if this is hard to code or may have no appeal to other Xoopser.

Blog module works but the news module is better.

sickdude666
  • 2006/1/6 10:08

• sickdude666

• Just popping in

finaly somebody that agrees with me

this isnt a module request really more a request to the people that made the news module.

Herko
  • 2006/1/6 10:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It's not really a question of agreeing or disagreeing that this is a nice feature It is, and Wordpress has it (so there is some example code that could be used).

The real question is, what can you do to make it worthwhile for a developer to make this feature in the news module (but what about forum posts by mail? or comments? or......?)

I am not saying you will have to pay for this, but dropping feature requests and saying that theres a demand doesn't necessarily create a real motivation for developers to pick this up

Herko

sickdude666
  • 2006/2/8 11:30

• sickdude666

• Just popping in

ok you are right, but when there is a demand for options like this then there is a reason for developers to build this.

and there are loads of future options, like you said, forums can be updated, the news module can be updated, replying in you guestbook, mailinglist module?

maybe other people have great ideas to?

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (141 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits