JS
Help please (post from another forum)
  • 2005/12/22 0:34

• JS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/16

I posted this in a different forum and didn't get any responses so maybe I posted inthe wrong forum hopefuly someone can help me here

all I am working on porting an app into a module that someone else created. Because I am not the primary dev team working on this app I want to make the port as easy as possible so that when they upgrade the app and I have to re-port it to XOOPS it will not be a nightmare.

The problem I have is that they don't use any prefex's in there database calls and there is a ton of code that I would have to change in order to get it to use the prefex that XOOPS adds to the database entries when it loads in the sql file to create the databases.

The question I have is there a way to tell XOOPS when it is installing the module to NOT add the prefix to the tables it is creating in the database. If I can do this then this module port will be easy! the module doesn't use accounts so I don't have to worry about that it just has to retieve information from the database tables without a prefex in them.

any help would be wonderful!

Thanks!
[img align=left]http://www.theood.com/modules/roster/sig.php?name=Talric [/img]

m0nty
Re: Help please (post from another forum)
  • 2005/12/22 0:48

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you cann name the tables whatever you like

$modversion['tables'][0] = "table name here";

but the XOOPS prefix will always be added.

just do a global find/replace with, in all the files to add the prefix..

you're gonna after edit files anyway otherwise you aren't porting it properly, or how will you add group permissions, or xoops_header functions to it so that it works correctly in xoops.

JS
Re: Help please (post from another forum)
  • 2005/12/22 0:57

• JS

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/16

Well the module doesn't use group permissions to actualy display information but It just needs to call it's tables in the database and I could go through and recode everything but I was trying to find a nice easy way to not have to recode the module again when they updated the app.

Was just hoping someone had an idea :)
[img align=left]http://www.theood.com/modules/roster/sig.php?name=Talric [/img]

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits