dream77
xlanguage
  • 2005/12/17 0:16

• dream77

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/24

I installed the module, put the line in common.php added swedish and english as base language.

1. It is working for all the modules that I have translated

2. But how do I make it work for the theme, and how do I set upp all the links to switch language? How do I set so I can write english content for news, FAQ and all the other modules?

3. Do not know if it works that the system see what the users language is, If you have an english webreader please try at this adress,http://www.kalasfoto.se and klick on the link FAQ, you should read "categories" at the top, and not "kategorier"

I would be grateful for help, regards Martin

Chado
Re: xlanguage
  • 2005/12/17 2:37

• Chado

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/6/6 7

Quote:

dream77 wrote:
3. Do not know if it works that the system see what the users language is, If you have an english webreader please try at this adress,http://www.kalasfoto.se and klick on the link FAQ, you should read "categories" at the top, and not "kategorier"

That part is working. I see categories just fine.

dream77
  • 2005/12/17 15:43

• dream77

• Just popping in

Thanks, that is god.

But can someone please help me with question 2 listed above.
I really can not get it to work with all the contents of the site, and I do not know how to make the theme switch and make all the links in english. I understand that I have to translate it by myself, but it just wont work, the contents in FAQ for instance, the questions is still in swedish in the english version.

Please help me, this is really importent that I get this to work soon.

Regards, Martin

highlander
  • 2005/12/17 17:51

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hi dream77,

try the following :

[sw]Swedish content goes here[/sw][en]English content goes here.[/en]

replace [sw] and [en] with the codes you have set up for your languages.

You can use these codes anywhere in XOOPS ! good luck !
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

dream77
  • 2005/12/17 20:29

• dream77

• Just popping in

I saw that I had missed a step, but I do nut understand where to put in these lines. And suggestion above, where shall I write that?

The step I missed.
"5 add multilingual content with according tags sepcified for each base language (in step 3) [Skip this step if you do not use multi-language content display but only use charset encoding]:
引文:

wrap content of each language with respective tag specified in step 3:
[langcode1]Content of the language1[/langcode1] [langcode2]Content of the language2[/langcode2] [langcode3]Content of the language3[/langcode3] ..."

I Understand?????

Martin

pgroell
  • 2005/12/17 23:14

• pgroell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/3 1

Hello,

for each module you must change the title in Module administration using the tags.

You must also edit each block and change the title using the tags.

For the theme I don't know but I think you must edit the theme files and use the tags.

You must write each article, news in both languages with the tags. Be aware that there is limitation in the length of the articles due to a bug in php. See here for the explanation of the bug

http://xoopsforge.com/modules/wordpress/index.php/20/

Pascal

dream77
  • 2005/12/18 0:08

• dream77

• Just popping in

Hi everyone. You kep telling me to put in some text or tag, but I still do not understand where to put these codes. So if you could explain what you mean I vould be grateful.

The best vould be if it was simpel to write a swedish version, and then an english translation version

Tanks, Martin

phppp
  • 2005/12/18 1:54

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Just put those tags around the content that you want to switch when language is changed.
the content could be in a textarea on an edit page of a news/newbb/something module, or on a theme(html)/template page.

pgroell
  • 2005/12/18 10:59

• pgroell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/3 1

Lest's try again.

When building you website, somewhere you choose which module to use and install.
For example you have XF Guestbook. When switching from swedish to english, in the page : Signera Gästboken changes to Sign guestbook because the english and swedish language files are installed in the module.
But in the menu Gästbok remain Gästbok. That is because in the menu it is the modules name you see in module administration that is displayed.
So you go in the module admin page, you look at the installed modules and you will see that the XF guest book's name is Gästbok,. You edit the name (it is under the module icon) to :
[sw]Gästbok[/sw][en]Guestbook[/en]

For the block titles, you go to the block admin oage, look for the block you want to chage the name and do the same.

An d you will have to do the same for every swedish entry you are making.
You will also have to make sure you have the english and swedish language files for each module you are using, you checx this in the module/xxxx/language directory.
Pascal

dream77
  • 2005/12/18 14:13

• dream77

• Just popping in

Thank you, that did the trick!

Login

Who's Online

191 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 191

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits