naarjtie
Website broken - unable to connect to database
  • 2005/12/16 18:49

• naarjtie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/8

My Website

It's been coming up with the following errormessage for the last few days now. There is no problem with the server, and i've just checked the dadtabase and I can still access it.

Quote:
This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

Has anyone got any advice on what I should do? It's gotten quite serious now so i'm thinking about just reinstalling Xoops. Is there a way for me to save the current users on the database and transfer them to a new database?

Thanks.

gestroud
Re: Website broken - unable to connect to database
  • 2005/12/16 18:57

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

gestroud
  • 2005/12/16 18:59

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Your site's up now. It's usually a temporary problem - hate when it happens, though.

naarjtie
  • 2005/12/16 19:43

• naarjtie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/8

That was a bit of a coincidence - when it first went down a few days ago I asked the guy who runs the server to restore the site from an earlier bakup, which he just did, and it started working again.

It's not working any more though, but that's more a server problem than an XOOPS problem. as soon as the site was up, I replaced the theme.html file with an updated version. For some reason though, files are only partially being uploaded now, so because the theme.html file isn't complete, it comes up as a blank page.

Bah.

Login

Who's Online

121 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 121

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits