LazyBadger
"Session not expired" problem detected

Discovered appearing not expired sessions problem on 2 from 6 (or more) of my sites - XOOPS 2.2.3a and XOOPS 2.0.13.2 affected

All sites hosted on one host, all have identical settings (except session names)

Long-updated sites have sessions with expiration.
Fresh installed 2.0.13.2 and (updated from very first versions) 2.2.3 - no...
Difference between X2.2 and 2.0.13 site is visible also in session detection...
On 2.0.13 site frozen user's session always active (user is visible to other visitors), on 2.2 inactive user disappear from user list and re-appear in it after any own activity

JFYI...

PS - all and any autologins are misssing totally
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger
Re: "Session not expired" problem detected

[size=xx-large]Hey, devs! Wake up, morons! And fix your brainless code![/size]

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

m0nty
  • 2005/11/24 5:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

wow talk about calling the kettle..

errr if the session doesn't expire would that suggest that i would always be logged into my website whenever i close my browser and don't physically logout?

because i don't see that happening on any of my sites. i always have to log back in again after the session value time has passed.

LazyBadger

Quote:

errr if the session doesn't expire would that suggest that i would always be logged into my website whenever i close my browser and don't physically logout?

Yes, I can see it on two sites... but I have "clear cookie on exit"... if I doesn't close FF, I see:
Logged in now, "last login - 23/11/2005" (now is 24.11 12:31 local time) with session timeout 15 min

Quote:

because i don't see that happening on any of my sites. i always have to log back in again after the session value time has passed.

I see it on most my sites also, discovered some days ago, when I had to build new fresh site on 2.0.13.2 (and it always was for 2.2 site)... 2.0.13.2 distro created from 2.0.13 + patch 13.1 + patch 13.2

#OOPS#, it's not a problem for me, but usual users will ask again: "How we can use this buggy scrap, if basic settings are ignored".

Will submit core bug now

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

SLEO577
  • 2005/12/5 18:38

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/6/27

I am using XOOPS 2.2.3 and was wondering if there is a setting to keep members "Showing Online" for as long as they are on the website.

The problem is, if members are reading the forum or using any of the modules that have them inactive for 10 minutes they disappear from the "Who's Online". Obviously they re-appear when clicking on a link "becoming active" again.

If say 20 members are in the chatroom for over 10 minutes, another member enters the website and it would appear no one is in the chatroom....so they don't go there.

I need to some how keep members who are online active on the "who's online" even if they are inactive due to reading the forums, articles, or are in the chatrooms.

Any ideas on this....I have already set the Custom Session time to "off" and set the time to 120 from 60, but they still disappear after 10 minutes or so?

SLEO577
  • 2005/12/6 19:29

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

*bump*

Anyone have any experience with the "Who's Online"? Again, sorry for the bump, but still trying to get this resolved.

SLEO577
  • 2005/12/8 17:24

• SLEO577

• Not too shy to talk

*Bump*

Give this another try on the session times. Actually it seems everyone disappears after maybe 5 minutes. Any chance some one knows who to keep them on longer?

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits