fosterm
News 1.4x and Big Story Block
  • 2005/11/30 4:15

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Hi all.

Is anyone having problem with the Big Story Block in News 1.4 and above?

I have tried it with both 1.4 and 1.43. I am using XOOPS 2.2.3 final.

The block always says "there is no big story for today yet", even though I have had friends come to my site and read the stories. I verified that the views for the stories had increased, but yet still no story in the Big Story Block. It actually looks like the view count will not increase unless a logged in user is the reader. Can anyone confirm this?

It will however place a story in that block if it is a story that I just wrote. Even when the story has 0 views.

I must be doing something wrong because I could not find anyone on this site or with a google search that is having a problem with the big story block.

If anyone has any hints or has a problem with this Big Story block please let me know.

The block is on my main page on the bottom in the right hand column

Thanks
foz
www.thewoodlandsmonitor.com

gestroud
Re: News 1.4x and Big Story Block
  • 2005/11/30 5:52

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I hate that block. It only shows stories published for that partiuclar day. So, if you haven't published anything that day, there won't be a big story, just an empty block.

fosterm
  • 2005/11/30 15:47

• fosterm

• Just popping in

Hi Gestroud.

Thanks for the reply. I guess that does seem to be what it is doing. I was really hoping to get that block to work :(. It seems everyone must have written this block off, cause I could not find anyone asking why it doesnt work.

Anyone have a hack for it?

Thanks
Foz

fosterm
  • 2006/3/2 17:18

• fosterm

• Just popping in

Anyone know if this block has been fixed in the 1.44 version? Or if there is a way to make a block that puts the most read story in the block?

Thanks
foz

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits