• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 1

Not sure how to discribe this issue....

BASIC INFO FIRST-
XOOPS Version: 2.0.13
PHP Version: 5.0.4
MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard-log
CBB Version 1.13

I have a Forum area set up for webmasters and administrators only...in other words...only viewable to these two groups. (Its only 4 indidviduals)

However, recently, whenever there is a posting in this area, the system is notifying 3 additional individuals that ARE NOT supposed to view this.

I have checked the GROUPS and made sure the correct users where in the right groups...thru the XOOPS admin panel and all seems to be correct.

I have checked the FORUM group permissions and seem to be correct.

I have logged in to phpAdmin and looked at xoop_users, xoops_groups, and xoops_groups_users and all seem to match accordingly (based on my limited understanding of MySQL)

My issue now is WHY these apparently particular 3 users are somehow getting notification emails sent of new postings.

Any suggestions?

jdseymour
Re: Forum Permissions/incorrect

I believe this is a known issue. I am sure the CBB team is working to fix this (I have heard of it before). I would have your users check their notifications and delete the one that is causing them to be notified. I think they must have had access to these forums before to set the notification originally. Also the latest CBB for 2.0.13.x is CBB 1.15. Perhaps further fixes there (I know for sure security issues were addressed.)

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 256

chaoos,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!