bsimm
Admin menu missing selections
  • 2005/11/20 19:50

• bsimm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/13

After upgrading from 2.0.13.1 to 2.2.3, I am missing items from my admin menu. Under the modules menu, I'm missing the Administration option. It just has options for specific modules. I am missing the whole menus for Blocks and Users, and the Misc Tools menu is there, but is missing all of it's options.

I had a couple other problems that I got some assistance with in the following thread:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43752&forum=1&post_id=192053#forumpost192053

I reuploaded all of my files, and all is working, except the admin menu. I can get to the pages in question if I manually put in their addresses, and all seem to work. They just have no links in the admin menu, and I have not had any luck trying to trace how that menu is generated to see what is corrupt.

dickinsd
Re: Admin menu missing selections
  • 2005/11/20 20:05

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

What theme are you using for administration?

Try changing the admin theme to something like default, or at least one of the themes that come with XOOPS 2.2.x

This may not resolve your problem, but I had a problem where non of my admin menus were working because I had a corrupted theme for admin.

Dave

bsimm
  • 2005/11/20 20:17

• bsimm

• Just popping in

It was set at Use Frontside Theme, and I switched to Default, and tried XMT as well. Nothing changed.

Raquel
  • 2005/11/21 22:02

• Raquel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/15

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but have you clicked on the admin menu section you want to work with? Just holding the mouse over does not bring up the sub-menu like in 2.0*.

Sorry if you've already figured that out.

bsimm
  • 2005/11/21 23:31

• bsimm

• Just popping in

That's not the problem. Two of the menus that should show up across the top are missing. And if you drop down the Modules menu, the module selections are there, but there should also be an Administration selection, to bring up the module admin/list. That's missing as well. I have 2 other XOOPS sites that are working, so I can compare what should be there with what is missing on this site.

If someone could point me towards where the logic for building these menus is, I would really appreciate it.

bsimm
  • 2005/11/23 3:33

• bsimm

• Just popping in

Found it. Either the groups table, or one of the groups permissions tables were corrupt.

Gave up trying to figure out where the menus were loading to see if I could narrow down what tables may be causing the problem, and started swapping in backup tables a few at a time. The groups tables were the culprit.

marook
Re: Re: Admin menu missing selections
  • 2006/1/29 11:40

• marook

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/9 1

Quote:

bsimm wrote:
Found it. Either the groups table, or one of the groups permissions tables were corrupt.

Thanks for the pointer!
The URL to use is:
modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups&op=modify&g_id=1

The set the Webmaster groups to allow Admin rights on all modules and save - it's all back.

This was really getting me on my nerves...

Hope it helps around...
Marook,

Want to go on a Safari with me?
(Yes, it is me in that avatar.. )

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits