Reissswolf
TreemenuXL - not possible to change sequence of links
  • 2005/11/16 15:42

• Reissswolf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/14

Hi!
I "updateted" my HP from XOOPS Vers. 2.0.7.3 to Vers. 2.2.3 via a complete new installation.
Everything works fine, except my loved TreeMenuXL.
Before I updated, I used Vers. 0.5 without any problems.
After updating I found out, except some graphical problems in the admin-section (I could have lived with that), that it is not possible to change the sequence of links/modules in the visual output on the Homepage (that's impossible to live with).

For example:

I have:
1. Forum
2. Contact
3. Members
4. News

But I'd like:
1. Contact
2. News
3. Members
4. Forum

... I tried to update to Vers. 0.6, the problems with the graphics dissappeared (well, good) but the sequence problem remains. It seems as if all inputs I make inside the Module Administration Page are ignored. They are not shown in the order according to their numbering (1,2,3,...) which I gave them but in the same order as they apper directly inside the admin menue.
Anybody with a simmilar problem or even a solution?
I'd like to keep a Tree-Menue, which is Windows like ... up to today there is no substitute for TreemenuXL. Is there?

Thanks for your help in advance
Best regards, Reissswolf

jfmoore
Re: TreemenuXL - not possible to change sequence of links
  • 2005/11/17 22:52

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Are you saying that you could re-order the links under XOOPS 2.07? If so, then it's obviously a compatibility issue. I'm having the same problem in XOOPS 2.2.3, but I've not tried it with earlier versions.

Jere

Reissswolf
  • 2005/11/18 7:22

• Reissswolf

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/14

Yes, that's what I think, too, campability. In earlier Versions it was possible to re-order the links. Just the same as in the standard menue for xoops. Meaning you just had to give away the weight of a module in the module-administration menue and ... tada ... the menue was re-ordered ... I really really miss this function! I don't like to have "Extended Profiles" above "News"

jfmoore
  • 2005/11/18 15:14

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Reissswolf wrote:
Yes, that's what I think, too, campability. In earlier Versions it was possible to re-order the links. Just the same as in the standard menue for xoops. Meaning you just had to give away the weight of a module in the module-administration menue and ... tada ... the menue was re-ordered ... I really really miss this function! I don't like to have "Extended Profiles" above "News"

That's what I thought. I went to the author's web site to make a post in the forum, but I got a blank page when I tried to register. So I emailed him via his contact form with the link to this thread and asked him to comment. I guess we'll just have to see where that goes.

I am in a similar boat. Been wrestling with menu problems for more than a week and thought that I finally had it worked out with TreeMenu. The the order problem popped up, and I am back to square one. Since I am doing a new site, though, I might try to un-install all modules and re-install in the order I wish them to appear. Don't know whether that will work, and it's a poor work-around, anyway.

Here's hoping that we hear from the author and that a XOOPS 2.2 version is forthcoming. I did notice that he is running XOOPS 2.2.3a on his site, so there is promise.

Jere

barryc
  • 2005/11/18 15:54

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Unfortunately there are other problems with TreemenuXL 0.6. I have posted to the author's web site about these. In my hands the module does not work consistently with all browsers. For example, using Firefox on a Windows machine the menus don't appear at all. Other browsers also have problems. In addition, some modules don't behave properly. I can't recall every detail. I posted to the author's site back in August, but none of these problems have been fixed. Now if you try to access one of the forum topics you get a blank page.

I'd love to see someone with Javascript expertise fix this, because I really like the idea.

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

jfmoore
  • 2005/11/18 18:43

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

Quote:

barryc wrote:
Unfortunately there are other problems with TreemenuXL 0.6. I have posted to the author's web site about these. In my hands the module does not work consistently with all browsers. For example, using Firefox on a Windows machine the menus don't appear at all. Other browsers also have problems. In addition, some modules don't behave properly. I can't recall every detail. I posted to the author's site back in August, but none of these problems have been fixed. Now if you try to access one of the forum topics you get a blank page.

That's too bad. And, for me, it rules out uninstalling and reinstalling modules to order them. I would only do that if I knew that TM would be fixed soon, and that appears not so certain.

Quote:

I'd love to see someone with Javascript expertise fix this, because I really like the idea.

Amen!!!

Jere

jfmoore
  • 2005/11/18 18:45

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

Barry, what version of XOOPS are you using?

Jere

barryc
  • 2005/11/19 2:54

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

The test site on which I tried treemenuxl is running under XOOPS 2.2.1. I need to update it and try again.

I remember that I had problems with certain browsers not seeing the treemenu menus, but looking at Ruby Willemsen's site using Firefox on Windows and Mac, it now seems to work. I have updated Firefox since I originally tried it, so maybe it was a Firefox bug.

There are still problems with some modules. For example, if you use AMS, the Submit submenu doesn't appear when you open the folder in treemenu. I also have the XOOPS Main menu still showing and if I click on AMS in that, showing the submenus, then click on the AMS folder + icon in treemenu, the submit submenu does show.

All I can say is that at the time I found enough inconsistencies that I didn't want to use it on my live site, even though I do like the concept. I'd really like to be able to use it.

Someone needs to email Ruby to see if more work is planned on treemenu and to convey the news about the white page problem on rubywillemsen.nl.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

whtdragon
  • 2006/1/20 9:10

• whtdragon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/25

I'm just starting.. New to Xoops, OLD to web, running 2.2.3 Final and TreemenuXL 0.6. I also noticed the error with the weighting (order of menu list). As far as I can tell it's not in the Java, but in the PHP coding? If you extract the whole archive structure it looks to me like there's some duplication of code? There's both a "treemenuxl.php" and "treemenu.php" in the 'include' folder and then another "treemenuxl.php" in the 'blocks' folder. I'm not up on module design enough yet to know if this is for backwards compatability or if some's just plain old. (the treemenu.php looks to be an old version to me).

Anyhow, what I was going to mention is that in looking through the files, the only place I can see looking for weight is in the blocks/treemenuxl.php file, and I'm thinking that was a pre-2.x version? Just my 2 cents, like the menu other than that...
WhtDragon - (Xoops Noobie)

pccook
  • 2006/5/13 2:58

• pccook

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/10

I have found a way to sort the menu but it is a bit of a pain. Backup the table 'xoops_modules' using the BackPack module or phpMySQL.
Modify the SQL statement where it starts 'INSERT INTO' and just order the lines to suit. Don't change any values, just move the lines around.
Empty the modules table, import the modules table using phpMySQL and there you go.
Worked for me. Admittedly, I don't have a lot in my site just yet but it is a workaround.
Cheers

Login

Who's Online

161 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 161

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits