CunningStunt
download modules - please help

Hi everyone, I am completely new to XOOPS and php but I am a fast learner and have already managed to build a pretty cool site.

My problem is I cannot get any download modules to work. I think I must have tried them all now :(

None of them will allow me to create categories or give me permission to submit a download.

ATM I have pd-downloads 1.2 installed, if I enter the data for the first category to be added and submit it; it says "category created and database updated", but it does not add the category.

Has anyone heard of this type of problem before? I cant find anything in the support forum or faq. Thanx in advance.

www.sa.ingame.org
xoops 2.0.13.2
php 5.0.5
mysql server 5.0

Can anyone tell me which php extension I should be enabling for xoops?

JMorris
Re: download modules - please help
  • 2005/11/12 16:13

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

First, welcome to XOOPS!

I believe the problem you are having is related to your PHP and MySQL versions. As of present, XOOPS and related modules have not been confirmed to work with MySQL 5.0. Support for PHP 5 is iffy on XOOPS versions prior to 2.2.x and even more so on modules, unless stated otherwise.

Hope this clarifys things a bit. Sorry it doesn't solve your problem.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

davidl2
  • 2005/11/12 16:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I believe that a php5 one is under development - but it's a while off release yet.

I would advise avoiding php5 specific modules for the immediate future.

jdseymour

Well MySQL 5, although new is now considered stable. Any problems in compatibility with this. Anyone using it with no problems?

CunningStunt

Thanks for the info everyone. I have downgraded MySQL to version 4 and I can create categories now.

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits