dickinsd
Making a new module how would you go about it?
  • 2005/11/11 12:51

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question.

Basically I want to make a simple module to pull information from existing tables and display it along with one extra piece of information.

I have not started coding yet, that will no doubt take me forever, even though it should be a simple module, I just have not coded a XOOPS module before so not 100% sure where to start...

My main problem now is that I am trying to understand the process of building a module, and what needs to be included.

For example, my module is really just going to be designed to pull certain users (which I choose) from the database, add an extra field which will be a description or more info field from the webmasters point of view.

All of the module 'functions' will be carried out in the module admin section so do I still need to include a module settings section?

Will XOOPS allow the installation of a module if it does not have any settings information?

I ask because I just looked at my XOOPS sites and all of them have a module settings option for every single module.

Dave

jdseymour
Re: Making a new module how would you go about it?

You may want to explore some of the resources located on this Faq Page.

HTH.

Login

Who's Online

265 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 265

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits