1
biglove
Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 18:07

  • biglove

  • Not too shy to talk

  • Posts: 157

  • Since: 2004/8/18


I just transfered a XOOPS site to a new host.
I copied the files and db onto my new host.

When I go to the root domain, I don't see anything.
The page is completely blank.

I think that my permission are set incorrectly, but I can't recall which files need their permissions modified and what the new permissions should be.

All help is appreciated.

thanks,
Bryan
Learn about http://www.instantdirectmarketing.com and stay ahead of your competition and crush them with the science of marketing.

2
tripmon
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 18:17

  • tripmon

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 462

  • Since: 2004/2/28


hmmm...
delete everything in template_c, then set:


"cache" folder (CHMOD 777)
"template_c" folder (CHMOD 777)
verify info in mainfile.php file (CHMOD 444)
"uploads" folder (CHMOD 777)

3
biglove
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 18:42

  • biglove

  • Not too shy to talk

  • Posts: 157

  • Since: 2004/8/18


I deleted everything in templates_c

Then I checked all my permissions.
Then I checked my settings in mainfile.php

I'm still getting a blank screen for the root domain.

I'm really puzzled by the fact that the site worked fine on my old host.
I don't understand what could be going wrong.

My host is not being helpful right now. They are saying they don't support applications.

How can I trouble shoot this?

I'm not getting any feedback or errors.
I also tested to make sure that the DNS was correct by testing a simple index.html page.
Learn about http://www.instantdirectmarketing.com and stay ahead of your competition and crush them with the science of marketing.

4
tripmon
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 18:49

  • tripmon

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 462

  • Since: 2004/2/28


have you verified the dB install and un:pass via myadmin or similar?

get anything at http://www.your.com/user.php?

5
biglove
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 18:56

  • biglove

  • Not too shy to talk

  • Posts: 157

  • Since: 2004/8/18


have you verified the dB install and un:pass via myadmin or similar?
Yes, I can see the db and all the data in PHPmyAdmin

get anything at http://www.your.com/user.php?
nope, blank screen only.
Learn about http://www.instantdirectmarketing.com and stay ahead of your competition and crush them with the science of marketing.

6
tripmon
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 19:02

  • tripmon

  • Module Developer

  • Posts: 462

  • Since: 2004/2/28


USE DAVE_L's comment on the page below to enable debugging via the dB, then see what you're getting... well, use Dave's description and a little further down SMD's snippet...

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=79

7
biglove
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation
  • 2005/11/10 20:18

  • biglove

  • Not too shy to talk

  • Posts: 157

  • Since: 2004/8/18


I appreciate the link.
I checked it out, but it's impossible for use MySQL debug.

I can't see the index.php or any other pages on the site.
The tuturial above required logging into Xoops.
I'm getting a blank screen any time I try to go to any pages on my site.

Is there any other way to trouble shoot this?

BTW the site is:
http://www.hybrid-car-reviews.com

I'm at a loss for how to approach this problem.
Learn about http://www.instantdirectmarketing.com and stay ahead of your competition and crush them with the science of marketing.

8
jdseymour
Re: Xoops Permissions after Installation

Read this Faq Page use the method with phpmyadmin to enable PHP debug mode so the error can be seen.