micleft
VERY new and have few general questions about compatibility
  • 2005/11/10 12:06

• micleft

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/10

Please be patient with me. I couldn't find another post that covers my Newbie questions.

I am developing an online-support group for parents of special needs babies.
The site consists of 20+ .html pages made in Dreamweaver and I've included a phpList so everyone can email messages instead of logging into the actual site (didn't like the forum idea).
I want to have 3 of those Dreamweaver .html pages specific to members only.
Can XOOPS do all that for me? I've been using Dreamweaver for years, but have never needed password-required pages until now.
I'm looking for a software program that can generate a 'register now, login, password, lost password' area into an existing .html page within my website...keep the member info in one of my SQL databases, and MAYBE SOMEHOW linking the two databases together (or make a HUGE single database) that could show what phplist users are also members.

Is XOOPS what I'm looking for? Does it work with Dreamweaver pages? How do I work with both programs at the same time? I don't want to use multiple windows for each .html setup. I'm looking for a program (hopefully xoops) that can use the existing .html page...and somehow be able to view it in Dreamweaver in case I need to edit text on the page.

Please, someone give me exact details. I don't even know how to make a .html page password protected! Sorry for the long post but I said I AM NEW.

Codyko
Re: VERY new and have few general questions about compatibility
  • 2005/11/10 13:48

• Codyko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/5 7

Hi micleft !

You may check this

Can I include my own HTML pages in xoops?

Regards
Cody

gestroud
Re: VERY new and have few general questions about compatibility
  • 2005/11/10 14:37

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

XOOPS developers have come up with a few modules that may help you accomplish your goal. The best two (IMO) are CJAY-Content and I-Content; both are geared towards displaying pre-made HTML pages in XOOPS. And both are pretty painless to use. They also come with WYSIWYG editors.

Cjay Content:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1123

I-Content:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1283

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits