dwhitten
xoops 2.2.3 - problems with custom blocks being blank
  • 2005/11/9 20:47

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/22

I've been setting up modules using XOOPS 2.2.3 for a couple weeks now. I've noticed a few strange things.

I had phpadsnew working a few days ago. It suddenly stopped working - it was set up as a custom block with the invocation code added as a php script.

I added a new custom block with an iframe tag, didn't work. Removed iframe tag and just added < h2 >HI< /h2 > - doesn't work.

I also had some javascript errors, I could post them if it would help.

I'm using php 4.3, netscape 7.1, xmt theme. The custom blocks also do not work in the default theme.

On the admin side, the only modules link that works from the menu is modules -> administration. I have to go there, then click on the icon for each module to edit config for the modules.

In the last week I have installed and uninstalled a lot of modules trying to figure out which ones to use. Do you think something got corrupted? Should I reinstall everything?

Thanks,
Deb

dwhitten
Re: xoops 2.2.3 - problems with custom blocks being blank
  • 2005/11/10 19:39

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

Getting this error in the blocks:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:faqs_context.html" in /home/horse/public_html/x/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1084

minkoilman
  • 2005/11/18 1:42

• minkoilman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/7 1

I have encountered the same exact problem. The description you gave is exactly what happened to me. The custom bocks just appeared blank all of a sudden. No matter what I do they will not reappear.

Have you found a fix or made any progress?

dwhitten
  • 2005/11/22 14:50

• dwhitten

• Just popping in

Try here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43277&forum=28&post_id=190544#forumpost190544

I notice that not all the modules I'm using are intended for 2.2.3. On the Smart Factory site, they say they will be releasing SmartFAQ for 2.2.3 for example.

I plan to launch my site in Feb, so I am hoping for the best by then. I did reinstall, and got everything working again, I only installed the mods I needed.

Deb

minkoilman
  • 2005/11/30 16:30

• minkoilman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/7 1

Update for anyone else having this problem...

I was unable to repair this problem so I rebuilt the site (using the same modules), and now it is working fine.

It looks like it may have been more of a glitch along the way caused by something I did, not a specific incompatible module causing the problem (at least in my case).

killertomato

I'm not sure if anyone is monitoring this problem but I've been having exactly the same problem on my site. It was running no problem but all the sudden it cruppted or something, and started displaying "Smarty" error no matter what I trid to add into any block.
I was almost done setting my site up to open but is this mean I have to rebuilding everything from scratch again? Did anyone find out any solutions? Please advice...

teibaz
  • 2006/1/7 10:06

• teibaz

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/13

Quote:

dwhitten wrote:
Getting this error in the blocks:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:faqs_context.html" in /home/horse/public_html/x/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1084

Maybe this will help you?

You can do this after your installation in phpMyAdmin too

Peter_GW
  • 2006/1/7 10:43

• Peter_GW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/12

Just a Info - When u have blank blocks (Custom & System) - Update ur System Modul.

I had a blank System Navigation Block and a blank Custom FlashChat block. After i update the System Module in the Admin Section - All worked fine.

Just try it i dont know why.

killertomato

Peter_GW

Thanks for the info, but... nope, it didn't work. I deleted 'system' folder and replaced it to the new one I re-downloaded fresh. and also did your method that updating it from Admin page. Stil having the same problem.

toddherrold

I am building a new 2.2.3 Final site and was having this precise problem with custom blocks and phpAdsNew. Updating the system module worked for me. If this doesn't work, you could follow the instructions in this FAQ. This should solve the problem:

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=533

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (73 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits