aharon
uploading media to smartmedia 0.85
  • 2005/11/8 21:21

• aharon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/17

Hi,

I have installed smartmedia on XOOPS version 2.0.13.1, and just can not find how to upload media files...

Made categories, folders withing the categories, and "clips" within the folders - but where do I upload my clips from..?

I am probably missing something very obvious, but it keeps slipping away..

Thanks for any suggestions.

Best regards,

Aharon

aharon
Re: uploading media to smartmedia 0.85
  • 2005/11/9 13:35

• aharon

• Not too shy to talk

Hummm.. Write this last night and no-one replied.. Anyone got any idea regarding this, during the day..

Best wishes!

Aharon

marcan
  • 2005/11/9 15:39

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi,

SmartMedia does not currently allow you to upload media through the module, except for images reprenting categories, folders or clip. The actual videos must be uploaded whereever you want. The clip's fields high res url, and low res urls allow you to put the URL of the file you want to display.

Is it clearer ?

Cheers!
.:: marcan (aka mal aka Marc-André) ::.
.:: Open Source :: The SmartFactory ::.
.:: XOOPS Professional Services :: INBOX International ::.

cgunther
  • 2005/11/9 17:31

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

If you need to upload through a module rather than FTP try using wf-downloads. Media files tend to be big so best to check with your host to make sure your server can take web uploads of large files. Mine (ipower) has a limit of 2megs so I have to ftp anyway, but if the limit for yours is higher then wf-downloads will work to post files. Then follow advice of marcan and use the URL of your media file from wf-downloads and link it to your category/file in smartmedia. I use a photo gallery like this to handle all of the image content on my website, it makes it easier to have the server handle the images when you have a large number of people contributing content.
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

cgunther
  • 2005/11/9 17:33

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

If you need to upload through a module rather than FTP try using wf-downloads. Media files tend to be big so best to check with your host to make sure your server can take web uploads of large files. Mine (ipower) has a limit of 2megs so I have to ftp anyway, but if the limit for yours is higher then wf-downloads will work to post files. Then follow advice of marcan and use the URL of your media file from wf-downloads and link it to your category/file in smartmedia. I use a photo gallery like this to handle all of the image content on my website, it makes it easier to have the server handle the images when you have a large number of people contributing content.
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

aharon
  • 2005/11/9 18:27

• aharon

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks cgunther!

Seems I can now evaluate the smartmedia module better..

Hope this exchange will be useful for others in the future..

Best wishes!

Aharon

toddherrold

helpful, but I hope the next version of smartmedia allows user uploads. . .

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits