dickinsd
The Date in my News module is been set to 01/01/1970 by default???
  • 2005/11/7 13:05

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Hey.

Yesterday I updated from 2.0.13 > 2.2.3 and another site from 2.0.9.2 > 2.2.3.

Both appeared to have gone well, but today when I tried to post News as webmaster; where the Date field used to appear at the bottom of the page, it just says YYYY/MM/DD.

The time is correct, but the date is not. If I just submit the news item it is marked as been posted as 01-jan-1970.

Well that is kind of stupid, but I don't mind spending that extra second to click on the little calendar icon so that I can choose the correct date, well at least I wouldn't mind doing it for a while anyway.

BUT the calendar has been messed up since the update, the background is transparrent, and it spreads across the entire width of the page, basically I can't even see the numbers that well to correct the date.

Can anyone help with this please.

Oh, and just to let you know, the problem is on both sites, both sites HAD news 1.31 before the update, since I noticed the problem earlier I have updated one of the sites to News 1.42 and the problem still exists.

Dave

dickinsd
Re: Problem with date in News 1.42 & 1.31
  • 2005/11/7 13:41

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Actually as the problem only came with the upgrade of XOOPS rather than the upgrade of News, this may be a XOOPS issue?

Can someone move to the best forum?

Anyway, Have included an image of what the calendar looks like now.

Resized Image

Dave

m0nty
  • 2005/11/7 15:44

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

looks like a theme issue.

try changing to default theme and see if the problem is still there..

dickinsd
  • 2005/11/7 18:21

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Thanks for the tip.

Ok, first problem is that my default theme seems to have been messed up in the transfer as I don't have any side menus with the default theme, which kind of means I can't do anything, including attempt to submit News.

However the xmt theme works fine (in terms of menus) but still the calendar is messed up, so I took the calendar.css file from the default theme and placed it in the css folder in the xmt directory, the calendar is now contained, so thanks for the tip.

I guess to make this work with my theme of choice I just need to have the calendar.css file and make sure it is called in theme.htm?

Another issue is that the date field is still blank, and if an admin or moderator (as they have the same access to the news module on my site) tries to post an article, it is date stamped for 01/01/1970. Yes I can tell people to select the date, thats not a problem, but I would like to get it working like the News module used to work with older versions of Xoops, i.e. it automatically displayed todays date in that field, that way people only needed to touch the calendar if they wished to post news in advance.

Can anyone suggest how I might get this to work how it used to work?

Dave

PS: THANKS again m0nty.

EDIT: My theme of choice is a XOOPS 2.0.x theme, just adding the calendar.css to the theme folder has solved the calendar problem, I just want to figure out how to make the date field for posted on display todays date by default.

dickinsd
  • 2005/11/7 19:09

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

OK

I am thinking that this is less and less to do with the News module and more to do with XOOPS core.

I have gone through the submit.php and the storyform.inc.php files, both my most recent and a storyform.inc.php from a few months back, there doesn't seem to be any major differences, in fact, I dont think I noticed any difference round the date area.

this code is extracted from the _options area of storyform.inc.php:

$check=$published>:0;

$published_checkbox = new XoopsFormCheckBox('''autodate',$check);

$published_checkbox->addOption(1_AM_SETDATETIME);

$option_tray->addElement($published_checkbox);

$option_tray->addElement(new XoopsFormDateTime(_AM_SETDATETIME'publish_date'15$published));

$check=$expired>:0;

$expired_checkbox = new XoopsFormCheckBox('''autoexpdate',$check);

$expired_checkbox->addOption(1_AM_SETEXPDATETIME);

$option_tray->addElement($expired_checkbox);

$option_tray->addElement(new XoopsFormDateTime(_AM_SETEXPDATETIME'expiry_date'15$expired));

Where does autodate come from? (is it refering to a general php call or is it referring to something else in xoops?

Dave

dickinsd
Re: The Date in my News module is been set to 01/01/1970 by default???
  • 2005/11/8 10:00

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

Any more ideas with this?

Can someone tell me where the date comes from in this module, is this a XOOPS core issue or a News module issue?
At least if I know where the problem is coming from I can have another look around to see if I can identify the problem...

Dave

Login

Who's Online

506 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 506

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits