fishb0ne
News 1.42 cannot choose specific news
  • 2005/11/5 13:15

• fishb0ne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/5

I'm using XOOPS 2.2.3 and news 1.42. I want to show a specific news on the index, but i can't choose one in den recent news block.
i activate the spotlight feature, but only the latest news will shown their. in the dropdownmenu, "select an article", is only shown "first item" and no article.

DCrussader
Re: News 1.42 cannot choose specific news

Small howto for installing and working with Herve's news 1.42 and later.

Install module as usual, then go to administration/news/preferences and set up the option that feats u're needs.

Than go to News Administration (index) and pick permissions, give view permissions to all Anonymous, Registered and Webmasters, Submit permissions to Registered and webmasters, and Approve permissions to Webmasters.

Verify it twice (to be sure, that all are setted up in that way), and go to Administration/Blocks/Recent News - Edit, and when u click on the first item, u will get the list with latest published news, without programmed or not approved.

Example of property setted up News 1.42, with Tabs and Recent news block, with spotlight.
http://beta.pzcci.org/
May The Source Be With You!

fishb0ne
  • 2005/11/5 13:51

• fishb0ne

• Just popping in

I can't choose a news. I set the permissions like yours, but without any effect

DCrussader

Give more details such as:
PHP:version
HTTPD: --||--
XOOPS: 2.2.x (Modified or not, which hacks if is it)
Herve's News:

and wait Herve, to give u more detailed answer.

fishb0ne
  • 2005/11/5 14:59

• fishb0ne

• Just popping in

PHP: 4.4.0
Modules: wf_links/downloads, smartpartner/FAQ, IPB MessageBoard, MyAlbum and Polls

no modifications

It's a fresh installation of XOOPS 2.2.3 and News 1.42. there was no old news-version running before.

i hope it is enough

DCrussader

There are modifications, IPB Board is created as 3DP module for XOOPS, also hacking a lot of Core files of XOOPS to work propertly.

Install it from scratch without IPB, replace it with phppp CBB 2.30 and u're in.

Some modules, such as BBPixel releases, modified a lot of the system files, so simply read before to decide to use them. For example if u have 2.0.7.3 (year ago) with installed this hacked module IPB on your XOOPS, u will not be able to upgrade to the 2.0.9.2 (until new hacked version of this module is created).

If u prefer to use IPB instead of CBB, that's your choice. News 1.42 by Herve is the one module that just works, with few exeptions not regarding regular users of XOOPS.

davidl2
  • 2005/11/5 15:48

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If you do wish to use IPB - then I'm sure BBPixel will have an updated version soon.. but it may be better to speak to them regarding the progress of this.

fishb0ne
  • 2005/11/5 15:56

• fishb0ne

• Just popping in

i installed XOOPS a second time and as modules only the profile and pm modules, but the same problem with the news

hervet
  • 2005/11/5 16:06

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

I'm not sure to understand the problem, can you create a screenshot ?

Login

Who's Online

100 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 100

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits