Grover
AMS 2.41 Reordering Articles
  • 2005/11/4 20:17

• Grover

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

I just installed AMS 2.41 -- nice module; well-thought out; well implemented; full-featured.

It does have a steeper learning curve than most content mangement modules and I can't for the life of me figure out how to reorder the articles on the module front page. Most such systems have the option of assigning an appearance number to override the default reverse chronological order.

If not available does anyone know of any work arounds? I'd like to be able to assign specific articles to specific positions on the page.

I also can't find the submit article link? At present I'm just typing submit.php into the browser manually.

Thanks...
www.whisky-jack.com
www.neko.ca
www.hima-ari.com

DCrussader
Re: AMS 2.41 Reordering Articles

Submit Article present in the user side of XOOPS, not in Administration.

Reordering by ID or Date, Version - I cant understand why is needed. Placing Articles whatever u want on the page, can be done, by adding them thru the theme, or blocks thru adiministration such as

http://yourdomain.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=6, which sends u to the latest version (revision) of the exampled article.

Pointing in theme is simple, such as this example:

<td><class="button" href="http://yourdomain.com/modules/AMS/article.php?storyid=6">Artcile 1</a></td>
May The Source Be With You!

Mithrandir

AMS is designed to list articles by published time and that can't be changed through the configuration.

However, you can use the By Topic view of the front page and order the topics so the ones, you want read the most, gets the first spot.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Grover
  • 2005/11/5 17:20

• Grover

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/13

Thanks DCrussader. We actually want to display entire stories with pictures that we can change on-the-fly frequently or supplement on a regular basis. I don't think editing the theme is an acceptable level of functionality. You can see how we are using it at the bottom of this page: Hima Ari Online. AMS 2.41 works fine for this but it simply isn't in the right order. Blocks might work but that begs the question: what's the point of the module then?

Any chances, Mith, of adding some reordering functionality in 2.6? It's a fairly basic feature that I'm sure a lot of users would appreciate. In the real world information doesn't come in nor is it usually prepared for a given audience in true chronological order. That's why override mechanisms are necessary. This limitation is why I never used News in the past. Retaining it in this offshoot seems like a tragedy of cosmic proportions.

Anyway we found that by tweaking the publication date in the past we can achieve the desired order.
www.whisky-jack.com
www.neko.ca
www.hima-ari.com

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits