jymon
Running xoops on my XP Pro IIS Server...
  • 2005/11/3 1:56

• jymon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/1

Ive added IIS(Internet Information Services to my XP Pro in the hope of hosting my website from my own machine. Do i need any special tools or scripts to make the installation process happen because so far it wont let me install anything. Im only seeing a directory tree structure of the folders containing install files. I am however able to upload html and javascript. that works fine but the XOOPS thing seems somewhat more complex.
How do i install XOOPS in IIS on XP Pro?

jymon
Re: Running xoops on my XP Pro IIS Server...
  • 2005/11/3 2:01

• jymon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/1

Quote:

jymon wrote:
Ive added IIS(Internet Information Services to my XP Pro in the hope of hosting my website from my own machine. Do i need any special tools or scripts to make the installation process happen because so far it wont let me install anything. Im only seeing a directory tree structure of the folders containing install files. I am however able to upload html and javascript. that works fine but the XOOPS thing seems somewhat more complex.
How do i install XOOPS in IIS on XP Pro?

I just went to your news page and found information about iis. That is a coincidence!.
I will have a look around.
Still like some help though if you please?

brash
  • 2005/11/3 2:21

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Have a look at this;

https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=298
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

jezzamaster

Mate i had so much trouble with php, iis and MySQL running together in win XP pro. I decided to go with easy php, which is like a mini IIS kinda, not really, no, but it has a gui and is good for newbies. Have a look at www.easyphp.org. DITCH M$ and IIS on this one mate, trust me!

Have fun! Lol.
"When life hands you a lemon, throw it at someone!"- John Rzeznik, Goo Goo Dolls

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/3 3:47

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

If anybody figures out how to run MySql, Php, and IIS 5 on XP Pro let me know how you did it. I've been trying for about a month and haven't been able to do it.

I get as far as 'Confirm Database Settings' in the install I click 'Next' and I end up with the error:

Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Xoops\class\database\mysqldatabase.php on line 74

I wanted to set up my current site on my laptop and try the upgrade to 2.2.x and see what problems I'm going to have. But I haven't been able to get past this point.

Regards
Terry

brash
  • 2005/11/3 4:12

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

There is nothing wrong with running PHP on IIS, I've been doing it for years and it has been both very fast and very stable. I'm also a Microsoft IIS MVP, so I won't be switching to apache in a hurry .

@ Zaphod

You will be getting that error because you are running PHP5 where the MySQL extension is not loaded by default. Open up your PHP.ini file and find this:
;extension=php_mysql.dll

Once you find that remove the ";" from infront of it and restart IIS.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/3 4:22

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

Been there done that.

;extension=php_filepro.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
;extension=php_mssql.dll
;extension=php_msql.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
;extension=php_oci8.dll
;extension=php_openssl.dll

MySql version is: 3.23.58-nt

I'm not saying that there is a problem with IIS, PHP, MySql as I've been running it on a 2003 server for about 8 months now. It's I just can't get it to run on my laptop with XP Pro and IIS 5.

I have noticed one thing though the MySql Admin shows the OS Platform as "Whistler", I don't know if this means anything.

brash
  • 2005/11/3 7:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Have you verified that the MySQL extion is loading? Removing the ";" should be enough, but if there is some other issue with your PHP.ini config (such as extensions path) then it still might not be loading. Type the following into a file and call it something like phpinfo.php and then place it into your XOOPS root.
<?php
phpinfo
();
?>

When you access this file does it say MySQL support is enabled?
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/3 8:17

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

I can find nothing referring to MySql except the entries in the "path" environment variable.

Zaphod
  • 2005/11/3 8:31

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for that command. It showed that it was trying to pick up the php.ini from "C:\windows" rather than "C:\php" so I copied the php.ini to the "Windows" folder.

What tell it where to pick up the "ini" from? On my server it's picking it up from the PHP folder.

Thanks
Terry.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits