atomicgamer
Newbie Question
  • 2005/11/1 22:57

• atomicgamer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/1

Hi. I've never used XOOPS or anything like that and I wanted to know how to download it off this webiste. I tried twice but it only had note pad docs. I don't even know what the user interface is so maybe thats right but any way how do you install it? I looked at a read me and it said I had to enter my website html. Can you make a website on XOOPS or do you have to just add content to an existing one? Thanks.

cjjunior
Re: Newbie Question
  • 2005/11/1 23:25

• cjjunior

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/31

To download, look at the left menu of this site for "Download XOOPS" and download the full version of the version you want.

To install it, there's great tutorial for new XOOPS user, with a step by step on how to install it. It used to be in the XOOPS FAQ section, but the link doesn't work anymore. It'll probably be back up soon.

jdseymour

Could the notepad docs be PHP files (end in extension .PHP).

XOOPS is a content management system. You usually use it to create a Web site, and it makes it easier to add content through the use of modules.

You may want to start out looking at This Section of the Faq. It will help you to understand more.

dickinsd
  • 2005/11/1 23:32

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Your download should include a docs folder which has a great installation guide included, or have the XOOPS guys stopped adding this?

You used to get 3 folders in your download;

html
docs
extras

The HTML folder contains all the stuff you need to upload to your web server and the docs folder has the install and update info.

Dave

EDIT: Have been advised of a temp location for an installation guide which you can download if your XOOPS download does not already provide the info your looking for.

http://www.crushdepth.net/modules/tinyd0/

Thanks to carnuke for the link

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits