dargosch
Looking for a good photo album module..
  • 2005/11/1 9:44

• dargosch

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/21

Hi,

I am looking for a good photo album module. The features I would like to have is:

1) Categories.
2) Upload trough Web.
3) Random picture block.
4) Batch upload for users. From a zip file, perhaps?

Myalbum-P seems good for 1-3, but I get NO response on their site on no 4. Is this implemented somewhere?

/Fredrik
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/

tedsmith
Re: Looking for a good photo album module..
  • 2005/11/1 10:21

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

'Batch Register' is a feature of MyAlbum and is a batch processing feature. Basically, you put 100 or so pictures in a folder on the server, and then tell MyAlbum what category you want to add them to, and hey presto. It renames them and moves them to where they need to be and then you delete your source folder. Only trouble is that it's an admin only feature. It would be a major security risk to allow your users to do that.

Ted

dargosch
Re: Looking for a good photo album module..
  • 2005/11/1 11:55

• dargosch

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/12/21

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
Only trouble is that it's an admin only feature. It would be a major security risk to allow your users to do that.

Yes, this is exactly the point. I have tried the batch register functionality of myalbum-P and it works great. However, since it requires FTP access to the site, the functionality is only for webmasters. Posting the FTP password on the page is not very good security.

Submitting a ZIP file through a form would be much more convenient. PHP seems to have ZIP file functionality, which is why I am asking this question.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

/Fredrik
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits