Poslanik
Registration hack
  • 2005/10/30 17:17

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Hi,

Can someone please tell me how do I hack the registration process so it has 1 more drop-down menu with 2 values, and 1 has to be selected before the process can be finished. After you register the value you set would show in your acc info and also in all of your posts below Joned, From and Posts field.

cgunther
Re: Registration hack
  • 2005/10/30 17:28

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

Hi,

I have experimented with the Extended Profile module in the latest XOOPS release (2.2.3) and I believe it has the capability that you desire. You can create custom fields like drop downs from a list and also make them required. The entry form for the extended profile module can show as your user registration form for new users. Setup a test site if you have the capability and play with customizing the extended profile module, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the capabilities it brings to XOOPS and community member information.

Happy xoopxing
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

Poslanik
  • 2005/10/30 18:07

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

Thanks I have the old version atm but I'll install the new one some time soon. I get the extended profile with XOOPS when I download it, or am I wrong?

cgunther
  • 2005/10/30 18:15

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

You are correct sir, Extended Profiles is part of the new version 2.2.3.
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

Poslanik
  • 2005/10/30 19:58

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

I just asked a stupid question, disregard this please :/ Thanks for the help though.

wtravel

2.2.3 has been released and is available for download from the main page. I always chose to wait for the first responses from the community before upgrading my live website to a newer version (unless if it is a security fix). Sometimes a new release will show unexpected problems in the beginning (even if classified as final), and especially when you want to use it on a live website, I would wait until you can be pretty sure that no big problems will occur upgrading to the latest version.

edited: it was not a stupid question but since you removed it, my answer looks pretty out of place

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits