SouthernPoet
Newbie Needs Help

Ok...got my site up and running and the modules that came with it. Now I want to change the Theme. I have already found a couple that I like...now I need to know how to change it. I have already downloaded them. Also, I want to add a couple of modules...can't find out how on these also. Am I missing something. Thanks

Lourdes
Re: Newbie Needs Help
  • 2005/10/13 17:51

• Lourdes

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/26

If you want to change the look of your theme, there is a CSS (cascading style sheet) that should come with it; inside the CSS are codes that you can adjust to change colors/borders etc.

As for modules, they are added to a site by uploading them into your account and then installing them through your admin panel.

Hope this helps.

gestroud
  • 2005/10/13 18:53

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Of course, that's assuming that you've already uploaded your new modules into your site's modules folder and uploaded the themes into your site's themes folder.

Lourdes is right about using the style.css file inside of each respective Theme folder, but you'll find that some changes may need to be made on the theme.html inside each Theme folder.

Will_H
  • 2005/10/14 2:01

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I think you may not be being specific enough for him so ill sum it up

you need to open your ftp app (i.e. WSFTP, WinSCP)

module installation

extract zip file to desktop and be sure that the file that you are about to upload is the module folder. In other words be sure that the folder with the modules name on it is not inside of another folder. Many times the folder that you unzip will contain additional folders in it that do not get ftp'd up.

now take your mudule folder and put it into public_html/modules/ directory

Theme installation

extract to desktop and navigate to the theme folder, like modules themes also come with extras(ironically referred to as crap.) Now take the them folder and upload it to this directory public_html/themes

Now go to your admin page and install the new module then go to preferences and make your new theme selectable.

best of luck!

Login

Who's Online

105 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 105

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits