cblevins
messenger module
  • 2005/10/8 22:20

• cblevins

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/11

I was woundering if someone can build a instant messenger module that intergate into xoops? If someone is able I know I am willing to help with some cost towrda this.

Thanks

Marco
Re: messenger module
  • 2005/10/8 22:22

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

have a look at chat modules
Do synergy or die.

cblevins
  • 2005/10/10 16:25

• cblevins

• Just popping in

Ok I do not think that was what I was looking for but I have a hard time with other languages.
What I would like is to add a module that is an instant messenger that works like MSN or aol but can pull inforamtion from Xoops. So when they are chatting if someone PMS them they have an alert or if someone replies to there form topic they have an alert. XOOPS is a great community portal but in some areas just needs a few things to polish it off to allow modules to be more inter active. Right now I would love to see a instant messenger and complete webbase e-mail tied into XOOPS I think this would help pull more internet users into our sites on a larger scale for people are not always just looking for inforamtion. Thanks

bluenova

If I understand you right, you are looking for an application that sits in your taskbar and notifies you like gmail notifyer? I don't think you'll get far with one, without going to a commercial developer.

Xoops can email you if you recieve a pm or a post to your forum topic, you can set that from the user profile screen.

cblevins
  • 2005/10/10 17:12

• cblevins

• Just popping in

Yes that is what I am looking for. I quess the next question is what would be the cost of something like this and does anyone kown of someone who can do the job?

dean_collins

yes but none of the chat modules work with 2.2 at the moment.

Unless I'm wrong- please advise.

I tried them all about 6 weeks ago and all were faulty back then.

I am definately looking for some kind of online caht module for my users.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

cblevins
  • 2005/10/11 17:14

• cblevins

• Just popping in

try flash chathttp://www.tufat.com/ he charges I think I paid 5.00 for it but well worth it.

dean_collins

can you confiirm it actually works with XOOPS 2.2.3

I dont mind paying for an app that works but I dont need to hassle of trying to get a refund it it doesn't work.
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

dean_collins

http://www.tufat.com/phpBB2/about8333.html&highlight=xoops

according to this doesn't look like it quite works yet. I might wait a week until it's confirmed operation and single login in etc.

would be good to see avatars cross carry as well.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

cblevins
  • 2005/10/12 19:13

• cblevins

• Just popping in

no issues on XOOPS 2.2.2 I am running for about two weeks now. I been using flashchat with XOOPS older version for about a year have had no issues.

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits