coops
x-ipbm to newbb?!
  • 2005/7/23 5:39

• coops

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/15

I have searched high and low to no avail... is there a converter to go from x-ipbm to newbb?

Predator said there was one here
..but i cant seem to find it!

Seems like many are up in there air about this. Anyone got clarity? He mentioned it will be included in the final release of newbb2

Does that mean it's part of newbb2? Or did it never get released? That was at the end of last year!

Somebody?... Anybody?...

coops
Re: x-ipbm to newbb?!
  • 2005/10/9 2:01

• coops

• Just popping in

BUMP

coops
  • 2005/10/10 12:10

• coops

• Just popping in

Three months and nobody has ANY idea of ANY rumour of this?

coops
  • 2005/10/13 3:12

• coops

• Just popping in

Three days later...

Still nobody?

coops
  • 2005/10/13 22:52

• coops

• Just popping in

Hey i could start a blog with this, nobody is interested.

XOOPS Site - Powered by ME!

Jharis
  • 2005/10/13 23:19

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

coops,

I'm not sure if Koudanshi or Predator is handling this conversion, but I think Predator aka Marko has taken other projects and probably isn't working on this. You might try contacting Kouddanshi directly.

Try asking David or DJ to help you port to CBB. You might be able to lure one of them off thier busy schedule for a little cash. Paid support for a conversion might get you where you want to be.

BTW, thanks for being so nice about your troubles. I hope your able to work this out.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

coops
  • 2005/10/14 2:28

• coops

• Just popping in

hi don,

Koudanshi said that if we want a ipbm->cbb converter we can talk to the CBB makers. Ive seen a few threads where people offer money for it but there has been no outcome :(

Also posted on the cbb website about it with no outcome...

Maybe i'll have to try a tedious manual one.. oh well, thanks for the reply, at least I know now that nobody has done it and I'm not going to be wasting my time

David

Jharis
  • 2005/10/14 5:10

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Just a reminder for all. There is a ton of energy going into the next XOOPS release. That includes core module developers getting their own projects compatible with the new release. I imagine that leaves little free time for other projects, family or non XOOPS related fun. If there is such a thing. So keep that in mind if things you're requesting take a bit longer than expected.

David,

Why are you wanting to migrate to cbb if I may ask? Also if you manually have to convert to cbb what would that involve?

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

coops
  • 2005/10/14 9:07

• coops

• Just popping in

Don,

xipbm is good, but I have had quite a few problems and don't like the core hacks, I would rather it to be isolated modules because my site is down atm as a result of core files gone wrong :(

cbb has a more definate upgrade path and i thought would have more support than xipbm

if i decide to do a manual convert i guess it will be exporting the db into csv, scrubbing the data and re-arranging tables to alighn with the cbb table structure, then importing the csv (all using phpmyadmin and excel)

Huaba
  • 2008/1/24 7:57

• Huaba

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/13

Hi,

i found this:http://xoopsforge.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=1682#forumpost1682

But it doesn't really work... seems it was written for converting phpbb to newbb. Has anyone more success with converting XIPB to CBB or NewBB?
I want to use CBB in future, but converters missing for other forums.

Huaba

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits