jayfenster
Google only lists site index page
  • 2005/10/6 2:49

• jayfenster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

My site,http://www.swina.com, shows up in Google search results, but only the main page. It does not seem to be spidering through all the individual articles.

I've got the setting to Index, Follow, and nothing doing.

Any ideas on how to enable Google to recognize each individual page and not just the main one?

Herko
Re: Google only lists site index page
  • 2005/10/6 6:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

patience, linking to the content from the homepage, that helps a lot... You could try a tinyurl or another mod_rewrite rule engine, to make your URLs look better too. Do a search for mod_rewrtie and you'll find many posts about this subject.

Herko

sikey
  • 2005/10/6 8:37

• sikey

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/29

A suggestion ... if you are going to use mod_rewrite, do it BEFORE opening up your website and before searchengines can reach it... Why? because searchengines, especially google WILL punish the domain for posting double content

JMorris
  • 2005/10/6 9:53

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Another thing you can do is create a custom XML sitemap using phpSitemapNG, then submit your sitmap to Google Sitemap. This will help Google spider your site without the need to use mod_rewrite. Currently, I have 25 results pages on Google when I search "site:mywebresource.com" after using this trick for about 6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits