aerialis
VERY weird??
  • 2005/10/5 10:46

• aerialis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/30

Today I experienced something VERY weird after installing a module in one of my websites.

The module I'm talking about is the altern8 news module. The download went fine as well as the upload. I installed the module without any errors, and did the neccessary module configuration. All of this worked out fine.

Then I opened the Modules Administration menu to rename the module and set the module's order (in the menu). When I hit the 'submit' button to save my modifications, I got the following message on the screen:

Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area.
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

It seemed like saving the modifications automatically logged me off and I had no longer access to the administration area of my website!

I logged in and gave it another try. Same result

I restarted my computer and even more strange things happened!

I could no longer access the System Admin panel! Well, let's get a little more specific about this one. I could not access the System Admin panel via the Icon ...

Resized Image

... because the icon is gone!!

The only way I now can access the SysAdmin panel is by entering the URL into the address field of my webbrowser. All functions are accessable from there except the Modules Admin which still kicks me out when I try to save my modifications.

I must admit I'm really frustrated about this and I would be delighted if anyone could lend me a helping hand.

BTW, I'm running on XOOPS 2.0.4 and the Altern8 is version 1.1

Anyone??
aerialis
www.aerialis.com

jdseymour
Re: VERY weired??

See this Faq Page on "Missing system icon in admin".

HTH.

aerialis
  • 2005/10/5 11:02

• aerialis

• Just popping in

Thanks for your quick reply, and it DID help

For some strange reason all system admin rights were unchecked for the webmaster-group. As soon as I checked them, I regained access, so that part of the problem is now solved.

But....

I'm still being logged off when I try to save my settings in the Module Admin and no settings are saved. So my initial problem remains.

Anyone??
aerialis
www.aerialis.com

Herko
  • 2005/10/5 11:07

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You're still running XOOPS 2.0.4? there have been MANY updates since then, fixing a lot of bugs and security holes. I suggest updating to 2.0.13.1...

Herko

aerialis
Re: VERY weird??
  • 2005/10/5 11:13

• aerialis

• Just popping in

Yes, I know. I am planning to upgrade, but I'm having trouble finding the time.

I would like have to this fixed - at least temporarily - rather than doing a (too) quick and unprepared upgrade right now.
aerialis
www.aerialis.com

aerialis
  • 2005/10/5 15:15

• aerialis

• Just popping in

Anyone?

Pleeeeeeeeaze!
aerialis
www.aerialis.com

aerialis
  • 2005/10/6 8:51

• aerialis

• Just popping in

Is there any other way to alter the settings in the Module Admin apart from the Module Admin panel?

Like in a database table, a file or whatever?
aerialis
www.aerialis.com

bluenova

I think people will find it hard to help because nobody has a XOOPS 2.0.4 version installed. I don't know where the values would be in that version, but you could of cause change the settings directly from the database, you would need to go in a have a look where the settings would be in that version.

aerialis
  • 2005/10/6 9:11

• aerialis

• Just popping in

Quote:
bluenova wrote:
...snip...
I don't know where the values would be in that version, but you could of cause change the settings directly from the database, you would need to go in a have a look where the settings would be in that version.

Do you know in what table/s I am likely to find these settings?
aerialis
www.aerialis.com

bluenova

I later versions of XOOPS you can find module weight in the table: *****_modules

Login

Who's Online

160 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 160

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits