daemonfromsk
Lostpassword Blank?

Ok.

You can go to the lostpassword form no problem. It sends you the url in an email without a problem.

When you click on that link in the email to get a new password it brings up a blank page. I ran a php debug and here is what i get:

Warning [PHP]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in file class/errorhandler.php line 127

Now I've fought with php before with other errors in Xoops, but I am not exactly sure what the error actually is here.

I am using XOOPS 2.2.2, it's on some linux box provided by a host company i do not remember the distro. This feature has worked before, I'm just not sure at what XOOPS revision it stopped working.

????

site = www.skxi.com/streetkiazx/

If you want to recreate the problem Mithrand.. create a new account, hit the lost pass, get the email, and bam you will see it, big blank page

It does email the new password/username to the user...but they do not know it, unless they check their email.

Let me know what you guys think.

-Daemon

daemonfromsk
Re: Lostpassword Blank?

^^^Bump^^^ No one?

melgert
  • 2005/9/27 14:06

• melgert

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/5 2

I got the same problem. Blanc page after clicking on the link in the first email.
Users will receive their second email with new password, however the new password doesn't work. I tried it with my own account and what happen is that my old password still works so it never changed in a new one.

loukaum
Re: Lost password Blank?
  • 2005/9/27 14:26

• loukaum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/2

You can report Bugs for 2.2.x at Source Forge website here.
Resized Image

dean_collins

Quote:

melgert wrote:
I got the same problem. Blanc page after clicking on the link in the first email.
Users will receive their second email with new password, however the new password doesn't work. I tried it with my own account and what happen is that my old password still works so it never changed in a new one.

the reason it is sending you to a blank page is it doesn't include thehttp://www.{domain name}

the problem has been solved here;

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=41552&start=0#forumpost183450

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

melgert
  • 2005/9/27 15:24

• melgert

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/5 2

Sorry, Thesend email is correct (it includes the complete sitelink) so thats not the problem. After clicking this link the user will be send to a blanc page, however, the second email with new password is sent.

Anyhow, I tried your sugestion you wrote in the other forum post, what will show up when I include {SITENAME} in the comfirmation email is the actual NAME of my site and not the SITEURL !

Mithrandir

This is fixed in XOOPS 2.2.3 RC2 - out shortly.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

KateKoala
  • 2005/10/4 9:47

• KateKoala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Am I to understand that due to this password problem it is advisable to upgrade from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 as soon as possible then, even though it is still not recommended for production sites?

Is there not a fix/patch that can be applied to 2.2.2 until an official, stable release of 2.2.3?

JMorris
  • 2005/10/4 10:35

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

The Beta Testing Team is wrapping up their tests of 2.2.3 and it should be ready for release very soon. If you can hold off just a little longer, it will be well worth the wait.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

KateKoala
  • 2005/10/4 10:41

• KateKoala

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Thanks for that, I have found the upgrade patch and also the extra edit to authfactory.php as instructed by Mithrandir from here:https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2533

...so that should keep me going in the meantime.

Something I feel also needs to be said, in amongst all my moaning and complaining about contact modules (in another thread) and password problems, is this:

XOOPS 2.2.X is FANTASTIC!!

I have only just moved over from 2.0.13 in the past month and am HUGELY impressed by all the changes, the admin section is streamlined and the developers all deserve a big pat on the back!

That's all.

KK.

Login

Who's Online

96 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 95

poehoes,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!