mpowell
Blocks disapper after installing module
  • 2005/10/1 17:36

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/10

I installed the CVS module on my site and two blocks disappeared on my front page and I cannot get them back. The two blocks were recent forums (newbb) and library updates (wiwimod).

I deleted the offending module. Updated the effected modules. Deleted and generated templates for those modules. Checked permissions for the blocks and modules. Checked the settings of the blocks themselves (of course). So far nothing restores the blocks.

I really need some help.

mpowell

mpowell
Re: Blocks disapper after installing module
  • 2005/10/1 18:44

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

When I turn on mysql/blocks debug this is the message I get:

Quote:
SELECT t.*, f.forum_name, f.allow_subject_prefix, p.post_id, p.icon, p.uid, p.poster_name, u.uname, u.name FROM xoops_bb_topics t, xoops_bb_forums f, xoops_bb_posts p LEFT JOIN xoops_users u ON u.uid = p.uid WHERE f.forum_id=t.forum_id AND t.forum_id IN (1,3,4) AND t.approved = 1 AND p.approved = 1 AND t.topic_last_post_id=p.post_id ORDER BY t.topic_time DESC LIMIT 0, 10
Error number:1030
Error message: Got error 12 from table handler

Xoops 2.0.9.3

MPowell

mpowell
  • 2005/10/3 3:47

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

Can anyone help?

mpowell

davidthomas1

I did a little research and found that "Error message: Got error 12 from table handler" is a MySQL error that refers to a memory resource problem on the server

It may not be XOOPS as such, but rather a temporary condition from your webserver being busy.

Hopefully it will resolve itself when the server has more available resources.

Another possible solution would be to run a repair table routine on the xoops_newblocks table using PHPMyAdmin or the MySQL command line. That may fix it.

hope it helps,

D
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

mpowell
  • 2005/10/3 15:30

• mpowell

• Friend of XOOPS

thanks davidthomas1. I had already run the repair table routine before posting. However, it did turn out to be a server problem. I had seen from other threads concerning this issue that it might be so I contacted the server. I am not sure what they did but the problem is resolved. It appears to have had nothing to do with the CVS module so let me set that straight.

Thanks,
mpowell

davidthomas1

Glad it's working

happy xoopsing.
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

Login

Who's Online

215 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 215

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits