ManXP
If you could change the world...
  • 2005/10/1 7:27

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

...of hosting companies. What would you do first? I'm interested about this, because I want to know what customers want, so we may offer exactly what they want.

For example, we offer stndard hosting accounts and reseller accounts (for those, who want to start their own webhosting business), give some very nice features to our clients (free domain reseller account, $5 Kanoodle credit, professional templates/logos/icon, assitance transferring accounts from old host, etc), we offer 24/7 phone support (of course, helpdesk and knowledgebase options are available as well) and our customers are happy, but I still believe we can make hosting services better free of charge.

What would you like to get from hosting company yet?

Rudix
Re: If you could change the world...
  • 2005/10/1 9:00

• Rudix

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/2/28

Hi,

I like the End User Support that ResellerZoom offering:

http://www.resellerzoom.com/end-user-support.html

This might be something to offer your resellers?

Kind Regards,
Rudi

ManXP
  • 2005/10/1 9:42

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Thanks Rudix!

Actually, we offer such a similar service already :) It means, that resellers can re-send us questions/trouble reports from their customers and our team will provide prompt answers.

I really appreciate your time to give me some tips.

Herko
  • 2005/10/1 10:19

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

ManXP wrote:
If you could change the world...of hosting companies. What would you do first?

Use XOOPS on their sites, and offer XOOPS pre-installed to their clients

And hosting isn't such a dynamic service anymore. What I mean is that hosting is more maitenance then development. You'll have to see what other services you can offer your clients, not centered around hosting their files, but enhancing their web presence. What do you have to do when you want a site? You need hosting, yes. You'll need domains too, but more importantly, you need a site, you need content, you need support, design, etc. Think about what the question is.

I don't 'want' hosting, no I *need* it to have a website. And even better: I don't want a website, I *need* it for business. Work out the question behind the question, and focus on that chain of services they'll need to get there from start to finish.

Herko

ManXP
  • 2005/10/1 11:03

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:

Use XOOPS on their sites, and offer XOOPS pre-installed to their clients

Herko

Hehe. Our customer may install XOOPS in few clicks, it's pre-installed already ;)

Herko
  • 2005/10/1 11:34

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

That was not the point, but you HAD to ask in the XOOPS hosting forum

My point is to think outside the hosting niche. It's only one lin kin the chain, and not the one adding the most value.

Herko

Mithrandir

Well, what is it that XOOPS'ers report of problems with their webhosts?
Often it is along the lines of "traffic is too high", "queries are too heavy", where the webhost acts like a policeman more than a company addressing a customer.

When we recently moved eksperten.dk (non-XOOPS site, unfortunately) from our own server to a hosted solution, we got a LOT of help from the hosting company who looked through the code, database structure, indexes, cron jobs etc. and have managed to make the site noticeably faster.

THAT's what a hosting company should be about. Not complain about a site using too much resources, but help solving it - and at least investigate it before throwing the user up on a larger hosting plan.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

panigrc
  • 2005/10/2 11:43

• panigrc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/14

I believe that it should be custom hosting plans.

For example I want to have little space and much bandwidth.

Or I want to have much space much bandwidth but no the other features like subdomains databases etc

This would be nice cause someone would pay for that things he would use and not for useless services.

I see hosting plans with 70$ annual with 2gb or more disk space but I dont need such thing. I prefer to pay 30$ annual for 200mb
[size=xx-small]X-Park Greek Pc Modding Community
Official Greek Support at XoopsGreece.gr[/size]

davidl2
  • 2005/10/2 11:59

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Hosting space doesnt cost as much as bandwidth does to hosting companies...

Zoobink
  • 2005/10/2 12:52

• Zoobink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/27

And it makes no difference to them how many MySQL databases that you have, so why limit some accounts to only one or two?

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits