terrence
Website loading
  • 2005/9/29 13:40

• terrence

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/21

Hi all,
May i know why my XOOPS website loading need to take sometime? maybe around 10 - 20 sec to load my main page. but when i tried other XOOPS website.. the loading is quite fast..

may i know the meaning of cache setting in preference?

Thank you

bluenova
Re: Website loading

Hi,

Are you using a shared server? This is the most likely cause, the more sites being used on the server, the slower all sites will load.

You can also check the sql queries being generated by turning sql-debug.
Turning on caching to a set time will mean these modules/blocks will be stored in cache rather than being generated every time meaning a quicker loading time, but this shouldn't be used on modules that are updated regularly.

sroccidente

I guess the comment of blue nova is right, but also there is many reasons, as the graphics load, scripts, or too many blocks on the main page. I think this is a subject we can not avoid.

Some times we commit sin trying to show many things at the same time, perhaps aiming to catch the attention of the visitors, I want to ask some more experienced webmasters to advise on this subject.

How we can restrain our selves to publish too much on the main page, or publishing wisely.

Hope my english is readable by all xoopers an visitors.

Regards from Costa Rica

www.sroccidente.com
http://tunaseiners.com
Tuna seiners, fishing, pole boats, fishermans

terrence
  • 2005/9/30 7:23

• terrence

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/21

Hi
ya.. i am using share hosting. So is there anyway for me to test on the bandwidth allocated by them? i was told by them the bandwidth allocate to me is 1GB

Thank you

JMorris
  • 2005/9/30 11:33

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Have you tried experimenting with block and module caching? I noticed a significant improvement in page load times at MyWebResource after optimizing my cache settings.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits