gediminasbyt
ExtendedProfiles language constants

For some reason I can't figure out why ExtendedProfiles field is not showing in Lithuanian even though I have translated all constants in xoopscore and extendedprofiles.

If you go to this registration page: you'll notice that the only line in English NotificationMethod: RegisterPage

The same thing happens for other additional ExtendedProfiles fields that have drop down boxes.

When I search for a phrase: "Temporarily Disable" this phrase is found only in cache:
a:6:{s:5:"value";s:109:"a:3:{i:0;s:19:"Temporarily Disable"
and
language/english/notification.php:define ('_NOT_METHOD_DISABLE', 'Temporarily Disable');

Have tried to clear cache and templates_c. When cache is regenerated everyt time I get the same entries.

Xoops 2.2.2
PHP5

No php errors or errors generated at all.

Gediminas

gediminasbyt
Re: ExtendedProfiles language constants

Bump.

gediminasbyt

Here is another problem:
I can't even change notification method in my profile. Is there any other setting that I might have to enable?

When I click on EditMyProfile then change notification method (it's always TemporarilyDisable) when I click on apply I'm getting taking you back to where you there. Only php errors that possibly can be related to this:

Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file templates_c/%%05^059^059E4584%%theme.html.php line 156
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file templates_c/%%05^059^059E4584%%theme.html.php line 161

Gediminas

gediminasbyt

Tried to uninstall profiles module and reinstall it, but still no effect on constants.

I can update and make changes to notification methods now but can't see some text in Lithuanian as described above.

I can go to database and make changes there manually, but would like to get an explanation on why it's occurring like that. I have cleared cache folder multiple times but every time cache/profilefields.tmp is generated it contains these English constants instead of my defined constants. It happens only to one files definitions from what I see so far:
language/lithuanian/notification.php

Gediminas

gediminasbyt

Bumpsee.

rowdie
  • 2005/11/1 9:24

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

The extended profile fields are taken from the database, not the language constants. There is no built-in multilingual feature for the field values.

This also seems to include former 'system' fields such as the ones for notification options.

I expect this will be changed in future versions of this module, as it will in future versions of XOOPS.

Rowd

gediminasbyt

Thanks rowdie wasn't sure about that one, it does not make any sense to why it gets all info from database!!?? This was an english language install and I was translating files on a go. Well, updated db constants and it's "fixed" now.

Now I'll have to tackle different problems...

rowdie
  • 2005/11/1 14:34

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

The values are taken from the database because the profile fields are created by the webmaster/admin - there's no way of knowing what fields will be added beforehand, so it's not possible to use language constants.

The notification option is just another field, and treated the same way as all the other dynamic fields in the Extended Profiles module. It would be nice if former system fields could be treated as 'special' and continue using the existing translations, but really a more complete solution should be investigated to allow all dynamic fields to be multilingual. A big job

Rowd

Login

Who's Online

502 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 502

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits