• 2005/9/2 12:30

• kapeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/3 1

Any news or updates on this issue?

Thanks!

Mithrandir
Re: Bug on Xoops 2.2.3 - Email activation

I'm afraid I have messed up big time on the XOOPS_URL changes.

We will rethink what should be possible and what should not and make a right solution for this.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

kapeman
  • 2005/9/2 12:46

• kapeman

• Just popping in

Thanks for the fast response and keep up the great work!

dean_collins

no probs, these things happen.

Can I also draw your attention to the fact that XOOPS is sending out an email to say that a new person has registered...Before the webmaster has clicked to say they have approved the registation.

so my users are registering, then finding their registration is approved email in their inbox and trying to post and being frustrated they cant because I haven't yet approved them.

Cheers,
dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

wingls
  • 2005/9/3 4:28

• wingls

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/27

Hi Nintender,would appreciate what you mean of ftp adding line brdeaks to each file ?

Plse enlighten us and how to resolve the problem I'd mentioned ( wingls - 1st post msg on top )

Thanks a lot Ninetender.

Quote:

nintender wrote:
I think my FTP (internet explorer) is adding line breaks to each file, thus doubling the line count and making all pages appear double spaced. I'm wondering if this is having and effect on some pages.

sparkiwi
  • 2005/9/6 12:01

• sparkiwi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/31

Ok I had two problems (make that 3) after upgrading to 2.2.3
1. Login block showed section header but no login form or other detail (ie register now etc) (still haven't figured this out and just removed the block temporarily)
2. New registrations not accepting password (giving the "Sorry, your password must be at least 3 characters long" problem
3. Activation email link looking like this "http://www.mysite.comhttp://www.mysite.com/modules/profile/activate.php?op=actv&id=7&actkey=d7b6617e"

My solution to 2 after browsing here was to follow rodie's advice:

modules/profile/register.php
line #75
Quote:

if (!empty($xoopsModuleConfig['minpass']) && strlen($_POST['pass']) <$xoopsModuleConfig['minpass']) {

My solution to 3 was:
to ftp the xoopsmailer.php from my 2.2.2 upgrade download to the /class directory replacing the one from 2.2.3

I hope my modification sticking plasters will all be overridden/sorted with the next patch

dean_collins

Hi Guys, just wanted to post some news.

I had to trash my site yesterday and start from scratch (it was only a week old so not a total loss)

Anyway I took advatage at the same time to change the default site from var/www/apache2-default/* folder to var/www/*

Anyway the url link problem in the emails has gone away

(it still sends out the new memeber email before approved though so i have had to restrict new memeber email alerts to webmasters only)

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

kapeman
  • 2005/9/21 13:42

• kapeman

• Just popping in

I tried using the xoopsmailer.php file from version 2.2.2 and it would not allow me to input my complete email address.

Still looking for answers on this one.

dean_collins

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=41552&start=0#forumpost183450

I'm not sure if the bug fix I posted belongs here or there but check out this url.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

kapeman
  • 2005/9/23 14:14

• kapeman

• Just popping in

Just glanced over the info in the link, but I don't see the same issue as the verification email problem.
In fact, it is almost the exact opposite of the validation email issue, in that the URL is not listed twice, but not at all.

An update from the RC2 betas or Mith would be nice.

I am really curious if this issue is being addressed.

I am not opposed to a hack/work around.

Login

Who's Online

76 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 76

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits