twipsy20
Re: block contents dont show after upgrade
  • 2005/9/8 10:20

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/11

well till now i have not been able to get things moving on my site . i am just afraid to get things started allover. can someone come to my rescue withese block issues?

twipsy20
  • 2005/9/12 16:27

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

Quote:

twipsy20 wrote:
well till now i have not been able to get things moving on my site . i am just afraid to get things started allover. can someone come to my rescue withese block issues?

jdseymour

Quote:

twipsy20 wrote:
Quote:

twipsy20 wrote:

Hi, found the username and password that you have sent me by PM and checked your site. Several problems I have found.

You are using version 2.0.13, I am using 2.0.13.1. Your templates are not complete. Your system templates list 27, mine list 39. Also the main problem on your site with the blocks is your system_block_dummy.html template is empty. It should contain this:

<{$block.content}>

I attempted to edit a cloned template, but was unable to do so. I would say that your upload of files became corrupt in transfer, or was incomplete. Download the latest 2.0.13.1 full install package from this site. Remove the install folder, mainfile.php and any default modules that you are not using except the system module. Upload all files and update the system module.

After this go to the templates administration page, check system_block_dummy.html in your default template for the content I showed above. Then reclone your templates for usage.

HTH.

twipsy20
  • 2005/9/12 17:39

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

Thanks a bunch . i would try to do the uploads

pnppcs
  • 2005/9/14 12:53

• pnppcs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

I did all of that is mentioned in previous posts and now after uploading the 2.0.13.1 files i no longer have a "System" button in admin panel. I should have just not bothered with the custom blocks and lived with a standard site. Very disappointed :( Now I can't get to my system admin panel to delete and regenerate my templates or anything else in that section for that matter. Now where do I go or am I screwed??

Marty.

jdseymour

Try the method on this Faq Page.

pnppcs
  • 2005/9/14 21:24

• pnppcs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/25

Hi jdseymour, thankyou for your very helpful reply. However, after following the FAQ instructions I still had no System Icon. But this gave me an idea - if I could access the groups section then I should be able to access the System Configuration page by going here:http://www.yoursite.com/modules/system/admin.php and in there I was able to go to modules and update the System Module.

Now I have my System Icon back yeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh

And.........to make this a VERY happy story, my custom block content is now viewable woooooohoooooooooo

Thank You :)

P.S. Someone may want to update the FAQ to reflect what I have done as just simply following the current FAQ didn't help me.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits