gestroud
Re: How I imagine Xoops >=2.4 features
  • 2005/8/16 1:48

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

How about an automatic XOOPS upgrade feature, or a XOOPS upgrade notification? Just kidding; I know it would be a hassle.

Chris03
  • 2005/8/16 2:14

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

actually that would be awesome!

http://www.craftysyntax.com/ has a box that shows in the admin panel if you have the latest version or not

Resized Image
KickassAMD

Marco
  • 2005/8/18 10:50

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

one feature more
Marcan's hack for MP (Send-email-when-PM-is-received)http://smartfactory.ca/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=14
Do synergy or die.

alain01
  • 2005/8/19 17:07

• alain01

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/20

Hi,

For groups and blocs,

Why don"t use :

- Blockadmins (GiJoe)
- The new bloc administration (in 2.2)
- what if block management looks like this

Resized Image

I know that some people use themes with left-center cols and right-center cols before center-center col but i think it's more readeable as now !

king76
  • 2005/9/12 15:51

• king76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/15

Hi,

A simple new feature please..

Hiding title's block by a simple check box in admin section...

Thank you ;)
I'm a poor french man, i don't speak english
----------------

jaquita
  • 2005/9/13 2:02

• jaquita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Speaking of modules and wishes, since we *are* on that topic :) is it possible for the core to provide some kind of functionality for small plugins? The ability to print to pdf or file, do special text formatting and other small dedicated tasks could be handled by something like "minimods".

They wouldn't be part of the core OR a full blown module. Just some utility functions that can register themselves somewhere and then module authors can call them if available.

And of course, I need this functionality last year and can I get a cup of coffee with that too, please?

jaquita

draj
  • 2005/12/28 8:03

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
that is exactly what we are working on. The PM and extended user profiles modules are a first step towards that goal.
Herko

I respectfully disagree at the sametime agree too!

PLaying with Xoops, I see an extra-ordinary potential of development. However, the current versions (2.2.3) lacks some fundamental approaches. They are:

- Built-in Category Manager for site wide, module specific, etc availability...I did mention before some months.

- Multi-Website integration: Currently it is implemented by a module, which is infact great to have, but not the very best solution. If you sit down to Klone 70 websites, you shall realise what I mean.

- Export Import Manager: I fail to understand why the programmers do not realise any need of this CORE feature.

- Multi-Language: already mentioned.

This is a basic minimum that XOOPS MUST have in the CORE. It is only this way it can stand some other CMS in competition. Also more the delay in release more the users that may have difficulties in integrating the core features. And earlier they comes, better would be the module developers who may integrate.

NB:
Also I miss something what the XOOPS website does not offer.:

All modules pack for specific versions, tested and verfified. Without this, one has to make an endless treasure hunt for it.

Anonymous
Re: wish about manager xoops.org and sites support
  • 2007/3/15 11:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

14.5 months since the last post........ this thread's just made a better come-back than Frank Sinatra

draj
Re: wish about manager xoops.org and sites support
  • 2007/3/18 12:41

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hi!

Wonderful to see the thread being pushed above after 15 months.
Quote:

Giba wrote:
My wish a XOOPS site central is.
Communication intra community.

The XOOPS developers have really created a total mess by fantastic development illusions of "Revolutions", which until today no one knows if at all they are being done, realised or even if they would be born.

This thread is a proof of it.

I find it totally wrong to make a 360° U-turn to totally redesign the core and freeze the entire development, a stretegic mistake, however revolutionary the new ideas may be.

Regardless of my critics, I was and would like to remain loyal to xoops, when it comes to appreciation of what is already being done or available.

In the meantime, I see that the profiles module have a lot of drawbacks and may need a total redesigning. Currently, XOOPS is _NOT_AT_ALL ready for a community. To run a community website with a lot of users, one really needs to have much more functions. For a mini community like several hundred users, it would be fine though...

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits