CatCath
Files not updating
  • 2005/8/27 21:10

• CatCath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

I got this strange behavior, I edited some files within xoops. I replaced the old ones on the server with the new ones. Did a refresh in the admin (modules) section and found that the files were not replaced (nothing happened).
I'm not using a cache, but I even't emptied the template dir.
Upon checking with the template set mngr, I managed to see on some files the old ones where still there (in the database I guess?).
When I deleted them there manually and did a generate on the new file it worked finally.
But it happenes even more times (not the theme files, only the program files).
Now some files I can edit through the template set mgr, but what about the ones not shown there right, how can I be sure my changes are picked up.

I dont think this is standard behavior, an update should refresh the files not ?
Anybody know whats going on ?
I'm using version 2.0.10, standard.

m0nty
Re: Files not updating
  • 2005/8/27 21:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

click update on each module in the modules admin.

CatCath
  • 2005/8/27 21:35

• CatCath

• Just popping in

Thanks, but you mean all of them ?
For this particular problem for instance I only changed parts of system, so I only updated system (why updating the other ones?)
If I change something in Mylinks, I only should have to update that one, or am I missing something here?

CatCath
  • 2005/9/11 20:16

• CatCath

• Just popping in

Is there no answer to this problem, or does nobody else hit this problem yet??????
I'm still expericiencing this weird stuff. Just updated a module and found for instance the template files not updated. That is the default template files are updated but no my copy of the defaults ???????

carnuke
  • 2005/9/11 20:51

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

if you change template files for a particular module, you also need to delete the old templates in template manager, then regenerate thema again.
http://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

CatCath
  • 2005/9/11 21:13

• CatCath

• Just popping in

Hi Carnuke,
Thanks, that works indeed, but Wow, thats new to me.
So maybe I missed something? I thought the update feature did both templates, but it does only the defaults ?
And on changing versions of modules or templates files you ALWAYS have to delete the old template files and regenerate ?
That means you have first change back to default before you can delete right.

This rises some question about this (lets please replay what to do (as a newbie).
I'm using another template than the default, still I cloned the defaults because I read somewhere (in your docs I believe) the defaults can't be edited and some themes might still use parts of the default??
I changed this also in the General settings to reflect the right file.
Or is it, can I just stay on default, not having to bother with cloning ??

When you do cloning, does there have to be in the themes directory now also one with the name of the copy of default? Since there is none with me..., or perhaps you have to do that manually (but then also change the include statements for the right paths)????

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits